Sex and Cycling

HellonWheels said:
Most women are multiorgasmic if they are really into sex. Or should I say they CAN be if they are really horny. And by multi I mean either/both clitoral and G spot. Sounds like you two are on the right path though! ;)
:eek: ohhh no, i hate to think where this is going?

closesupport said:
:eek: ohhh no, i hate to think where this is going?
Embarass easily, do ya? If you're a Brit, that explains it. ;)

BTW just checked your link....I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm just a normal woman who enjoys sex. If I didn't like it I'd be called frigid! :)

HellonWheels said:
Embarass easily, do ya? If you're a Brit, that explains it. ;)

BTW just checked your link....I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm just a normal woman who enjoys sex. If I didn't like it I'd be called frigid! :)

yip i'm a britt and yes i embarass easily.

i would love to say more but, i wouldn't want to spend time discussing my sex life, nor how frequent i have sex or the urges even more so how accomadarting my partner is or isn't.

Well, well. It appears that HellonWheels has more in common with me than just the increased libido. I believe that an enjoyment of sex is not something to be ashamed of.

I realise that this is a cycling forum, so I will not elaborate and put my full perspective forward. Suffice to say that we look thorugh the world with the glasses that we were given during our upbringing. Hence our diffence of opinions on not only this topic but everything else thus also leading to heated discussions on all forums... Ever noticed that the hot topics are always the controversial ones.

Now maybe some of the women can also share this with me. I have noticed in my wife that her period has also become irregular - sometimes menstruation ocurs every two weeks - sign of her age or sign of the excercise? I have read somewhere that extra excersion can lead to this

Cside

cside said:
Well, well. It appears that HellonWheels has more in common with me than just the increased libido. I believe that an enjoyment of sex is not something to be ashamed of.

I realise that this is a cycling forum, so I will not elaborate and put my full perspective forward. Suffice to say that we look thorugh the world with the glasses that we were given during our upbringing. Hence our diffence of opinions on not only this topic but everything else thus also leading to heated discussions on all forums... Ever noticed that the hot topics are always the controversial ones.

Now maybe some of the women can also share this with me. I have noticed in my wife that her period has also become irregular - sometimes menstruation ocurs every two weeks - sign of her age or sign of the excercise? I have read somewhere that extra excersion can lead to this

Cside

They say that intense, frequent exercise can cause menstrual irregularities. Women whose caloric intake is too low and/or exercise to extremes can stop menstruating even. I doubt that is her problem however.

I can't speak from personal RECENT experience because I had a hysterectomy in 1998, a couple of years before returning to the active lifestyle. But years ago when I was a teen, I was a runner and then a cyclist, and do recall menstrual irregularities maybe from working out too often.

bcwildthing said:
I have to agree with cside and hellonwheels, more cycling makes me think a lot more about sex! Problem is, your partner doesn't have the same stimulus at the same time. I'm thinking of joining a riding club <grin> so I'll have an outlet for all these bad thoughts that come up during the ride!
Bad thoughts during a ride! ;) that could be quite embarrassing, i know i have had these similar bad thoughts, this is when i usually try to avoid stopping at traffic lights and sticking to less busy roads and trying to think about what i'm gonna eat, or whats happening in the lands distance, your planning on taking up jousting in the pelaton aren't you, careful not to poke someone in the eye whilst your having one of your little episodes won't you.

closesupport said:
Bad thoughts during a ride! ;) that could be quite embarrassing, i know i have had these similar bad thoughts, this is when i usually try to avoid stopping at traffic lights and sticking to less busy roads and trying to think about what i'm gonna eat, or whats happening in the lands distance, your planning on taking up jousting in the pelaton aren't you, careful not to poke someone in the eye whilst your having one of your little episodes won't you.

You see, that's the beauty of being female...when we get aroused, no one can tell unless we become TOO obvious! (lol)

HellonWheels said:
You see, that's the beauty of being female...when we get aroused, no one can tell unless we become TOO obvious! (lol)
yes then you could probably try to pass it off as a spot of cramp hey! unlike us fellas my pumps slipped halfway down my thigh, its a strange place to carry it but.....hmmm!!! of course it has.

Can I ( if you live in the NE) ride over to your house........................and slap your husband up side the head? I really think that a healthy body has a higher sex drive. It's like all the energy you have has to go someplace. I feel like that guy in Star Wars sometimes. Just kidding. No, but a healthy body is like a machine that is less apt to get tired and have more;) drive.

HellonWheels said:
I wish he would! he always says he's tired. Jesus sometimes around here, I feel like the man and its like he's the woman (lol)...

High Gear said:
Can I ( if you live in the NE) ride over to your house........................and slap your husband up side the head? I really think that a healthy body has a higher sex drive. It's like all the energy you have has to go someplace. I feel like that guy in Star Wars sometimes. Just kidding. No, but a healthy body is like a machine that is less apt to get tired and have more;) drive.

LOL! There is an article in today's PARADE Magazine (Sunday newspapers) that says just what we're talking about here: in an article on menopause, they say that women who regularly exercise not only go thru meno without any problems, but their sex drive is much higher! Something about extra blood flow to the genital region (heh heh) caused by the vigorous exercise.

I HAVE to et my husband off his butt and doing something active. He was a runner years ago, we met at a showing of Chariots of Fire of all things (1981 or 1982)...now he's diabetic, hypertensive, hypothyroid, etc. He's on meds for it all, but if he'd only exercise he'd feel so much better and maybe not need some of his meds too. He gets winded a lot when we're "doing the nasty"...frankly and openly, when a guy starts wanting the woman to be on top almost all the time, you know something's wrong. At least I do. :(

HellonWheels said:
LOL! There is an article in today's PARADE Magazine (Sunday newspapers) that says just what we're talking about here: in an article on menopause, they say that women who regularly exercise not only go thru meno without any problems, but their sex drive is much higher! Something about extra blood flow to the genital region (heh heh) caused by the vigorous exercise.

I HAVE to et my husband off his butt and doing something active. He was a runner years ago, we met at a showing of Chariots of Fire of all things (1981 or 1982)...now he's diabetic, hypertensive, hypothyroid, etc. He's on meds for it all, but if he'd only exercise he'd feel so much better and maybe not need some of his meds too. He gets winded a lot when we're "doing the nasty"...frankly and openly, when a guy starts wanting the woman to be on top almost all the time, you know something's wrong. At least I do. :(
Interesting. FWIW, I have a hypothyroid condition and HAD problems with cholesterol but after 2 months on the bike lost 20 pounds and any need for medication for the cholesterol. Just finished my first 100 mile ride this past Saturday too. As to the thyroid condition, that is not likely to change due to exercise. Supposely one of the conditions of hypothyroid is leg cramps during exercise. I can attest to that, but it's survivable. And I'm no spring chicken either (47 years of age).

joule said:
Interesting. FWIW, I have a hypothyroid condition and HAD problems with cholesterol but after 2 months on the bike lost 20 pounds and any need for medication for the cholesterol. Just finished my first 100 mile ride this past Saturday too. As to the thyroid condition, that is not likely to change due to exercise. Supposely one of the conditions of hypothyroid is leg cramps during exercise. I can attest to that, but it's survivable. And I'm no spring chicken either (47 years of age).
Ask your doctor about increasing your iodine intake, and what benefitits would you get from increasing it, since you have an underactive thyroid... seaweed and seakelp are good sources, but seek advice from your doctor firstly?

sea Kelp is a type of cold water seaweed which provides a valuable source of essential vitamins and minerals, including iodine,particularly iodine which is very important for the thyroid gland to function properly. The thyroid gland is an important regulator of metabolism and weight, which supports thyroid function. lodine is needed by the body to make the thyroid hormones which set the metabolic rate of cells. A dietary deficiency of iodine may therefore result in a decreased metabolism.

lodine also assists in the conversion of betacarotene into vitamin A, protein synthesis, carbohydrate absorption and calcium metabolism. Iodine in Kelp also helps to maintain a healthy thyroid, thereby significantly reducing one major possible cause of obesity. In addition, seaweed increases the body's ability to burn off fat through exercise. Thus, stamina is boosted, allowing cells to consume energy more efficiently. Kelp has also been shown to support the lowering of blood cholesterol levels.

wheels, maybe you could purchase some seakelp, sprinkle it on hubbies foods, and use him as a guinea pig. ;) who knows maybe the metab change may get you lucky?

Yes, not just cycling but any vigorous exercise will eventually have a person feeling better about themself, then usually feeling better is followed by increased libido. Exercise has a way of balancing out all of the chemicals in the body and then the body reacts to being 'balanced' by 'wanting to do what comes naturally'.

bcwildthing said:
I have to agree with cside and hellonwheels, more cycling makes me think a lot more about sex! Problem is, your partner doesn't have the same stimulus at the same time. I'm thinking of joining a riding club <grin> so I'll have an outlet for all these bad thoughts that come up during the ride!

BCW,

I've got to say after a long ride, I'm usually absolutely stuffed and my libido is not apparent, but if it's on offer, I give in and take it gracefully every time. :D

This may fit in here;

Two students were walking across campus when one said,
"Where did you get such a great bike?" The student replied, "Well, I
was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her
clothes and said, "Take what you want." The second student nodded approvingly,
"Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit."

Kind regards,

Heard that a while back, but two Engineering students LOL. Good one.

James Bruce Gil said:
BCW,

I've got to say after a long ride, I'm usually absolutely stuffed and my libido is not apparent, but if it's on offer, I give in and take it gracefully every time. :D

This may fit in here;

Two students were walking across campus when one said,
"Where did you get such a great bike?" The student replied, "Well, I
was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her
clothes and said, "Take what you want." The second student nodded approvingly,
"Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit."

Kind regards,

Could it possibly be all that friction from your seat on those long rides that perhaps stimulates you and in turns gets you in the mood when you get home to your man?

just my thought

Can I give you my wifes email???? lol (to get her to ride more....even riding a bike more ...heh heh ohhhh BEE-have! lol

HellonWheels said:
Is it just me, but ever sinceI returned to cycling (and daily intense exercise), I think about sex 24/7. My husband has taken to sleeping on ths sofa on weeknights to get some sleep. :mad:

I can tell ya it sucks to be single and have all that drive. I mean morally single:eek:. Esp after top 3 race results.