sex drive , impotence , prostate and cycling

kareniamfree2

Jul 30, 2007
Can any one help me!!
My husband has been cycling for about 6 weeks and in the last couple of weeks has had trouble with impotence. I have been reading a couple of threads that mention the prostate and problems arising from cycling. Can anyone give me some information.
He also has alot of pain in his groin area on bothe sides, could this be a pulled muscle. He goes to the Dr. tomorrow.
Thanks for the help.

kareniamfree2 said:
Can any one help me!!
My husband has been cycling for about 6 weeks and in the last couple of weeks has had trouble with impotence. I have been reading a couple of threads that mention the prostate and problems arising from cycling. Can anyone give me some information.
He also has alot of pain in his groin area on bothe sides, could this be a pulled muscle. He goes to the Dr. tomorrow.
Thanks for the help.
Well, from my personal experience I know when I started having that problem it was bacause my saddle was too high. I lowered it and the problem was gone.
Also it depends on the saddle. Some saddles agree more than other to each one's particular anatomy. I've read that the "E-Form" and the Terry Fly are very good in this respect. You may find them online in performancebike.com.
... or you can always run over his bike "accidentally" with the car when you go into the garage and buy him a new shiny pair of running shoes !! :p

kareniamfree2 said:
Can any one help me!!
Thanks for the help.
I had the same problem along with a host of other medical problems. Have him try a recumbent bicycle. I had to give up riding a standard bicycle due to having pain in the groin area and soreness. The recumbent was the answer for me.

Get him some advice on properly fitting his bike - saddle, bars, pedals in relation to each other is important

try out a wide range of saddles - many are specifically designed to address this sort of problem (but none is universally perfect for everyone).

read the article here about the design of a saddle that might be well suited to long distance cyclists

kareniamfree2 said:
Can any one help me!!
Thanks for the help.

Karen, are you really free? About this impotence thing - I'm sure there's lots of guys on here that'd like to prove that lack of wood is an issue with most cyclists :p Did you try sexy lingerie and a Brazilian landing strip to no avail?

Aparently there's an Aussie guy on here that goes by the screenname of Geoff Vadar who's good with broken cocks. Send him a PM.

On the bike front - try a Specialized 'body geometry' saddle and get a bike fitting done at a good bike shop. The Specialized saddles come in several widths and getting the right width helps put the pressure on the 'sit bones' instead of his 'love bone'.

Happy cycling and future happy humping.

2 year old thread...

OPs husband probably died of prostate cancer by now...I hope not...

Maybe the reason of your husband's impotence is not cycling? To be completely sure about this, you'd better consult with a doctor.
By the way you can do it here free consultation

This sounds like an ill-fitted bike with a low grade material and unadjusted saddle. I read an article in a medical journal about two months ago clearly outlining the problems associated with cycling/prostate.It sounds like the blood flow is being restricted by the pressure from the saddle. Bottom line is, spend the money on the saddle and be 100% sure that you are the properly sized to your bike!
The saddle is the one of the main points of contact after your legs and hands. One can only imagine the damage a badly fitted saddle could have.

I am sure anyone who works in your local bike shop would be glad to size up a bike