Sex the night before a big race

They were referring to sex with other people, Eldron.  ;D

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. Sex is great - even better with two people....

Each to their own I say - sometimes it's green jersey sex (sprinting for the finish line) and sometimes it's polka dot sex (a one hour climb to the 'summit'). White jersey sex if you find a willing youngster and yellow jersey sex for those in for the long haul!

It takes all colours!

I wonder what the guys in the rainbow jersey do?

We do it in PINK. I've also got a Aussie rugby jersey these days, as well, but only wear that on my "off" days. Normly a damm Saturday after test rugby. This force me to stay inside the house, and cry by myself.

To all the woman cyclist, and for that matter, all sportswoman : Please read this article below, its not that we (men) are bullsh*ting you when we try to convince you about sex. Obviously we (men) knew this from birth, but here it is and please make it part of your "training and racing" program. ;D ;D ;D " After all, you would like to run on all silinders in a race?

Stiff competition in sex games

Athletes competing in the Commonwealth Games are being supplied with 150 000 free condoms - and there are more available if they want them.

Organizers of the Manchester games seem to have taken the event's motto - Spirit of Friendship - to its logical extreme and allocated 30 condoms for each of the 5 000 competitors and officials at the 10-day competition.

Even though the athletes are, obviously, among some of the fittest people alive, it may seem a little excessive to expect them to be having sex up to six times a day - until the evidence of previous sporting events is revealed.

At the Sydney 2000 Olympics, the original supply of 50 000 condoms was quickly used up and 20 000 more had to be rushed in. And freezing cold did not stop 12 000 condoms being needed at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.

Denise Lewis, Britain's heptathlon gold medallist in Sydney, explains: "There's a lot of adrenaline pumping and in the heat of the moment... Well, I can't reveal what goes on."

In Sydney, the Cubans held the record. This time the New Zealanders are the favorites. Surveys showed they were top of the lust league, having sex an average of 115 times a year. Home team pride was rescued by the discovery that the British came second with 107" :p :p :p

Pothole - "The more you train the luckier you get" ... what ever do you mean.

Someone told me that one of the staff handing out condoms at the games was 80 years old. I guess that they will be giving out moral guidence aswell!

The original theory about the downside of pre competition copulation only related to single persons or persons seeking extra marital activity. It was not the act that was detrimental but the energy/alcohol/lack of sleep in pursuing the act.

Now there is a new theory that was tested by Germans, if I recall correctly. This was referred to by previous posters.

It is beneficial to women as it increases their testosterone levels. It is detrimental to males as it diminishes testosterone levels.

So female cyclists would need to mate up with male non cyclists for pre competition testosterone top ups! If they over indulge a deeper voice and a five o'clock shadow may be an embarrassing give away!