Sex With a Mountain Bike Book Ring

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Claire Petersky, May 1, 2003.

  1. Dear Bicycling and Reading friends:

    by Gary Wockner. This book is a series of essays, both funny and serious, about bicycling, not just
    off-road, but on the road, too. Here's its journal entry on bookcrossing:
    http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/613852 and here it is on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/as6y.

    What is a book ring? I assemble a list of people interested in reading the book. The first person to
    get the book reads it and passes it on to the next person on the list. The book goes through the
    entire list until the end, after which it is returned to me. I would also consider a book ray, where
    the last person on the list gives the book away to others to continue passing around, in a less
    structured fashion.

    How this works: if you are interested in the ring, you should go to
    http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky and sign up for a bookcrossing membership. Membership is
    free; your email address will be kept private and will never be given away or sold. No one,
    including myself, makes money off of this enterprise. I will also note that I have no relationship
    with the author (other than his blessing for the bookring and a satisfied reader) or the publisher.

    Then you need to either email me or send me a bookcrossing private message telling me your
    bookcrossing identity. I will set up the list, and let you know where you are on the list via
    private message/email. I will also post the list to the journal entry for the book.

    If you have further questions, you are welcome to ask me, or poke around the bookcrossing site for
    more information about bookcrossing.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky ([email protected]) Home of the meditative cyclist:

    Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at: http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Claire Petersky wrote:
    > Dear Bicycling and Reading friends:
    >

    > by Gary Wockner. This book is a series of essays, both funny and serious, about bicycling, not
    > just off-road, but on the road, too. Here's its journal entry on bookcrossing:
    > http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/613852 and here it is on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/as6y.
    >
    > What is a book ring? I assemble a list of people interested in reading the book. The first person
    > to get the book reads it and passes it on to the next person on the list. The book goes through
    > the entire list until the end, after which it is returned to me. I would also consider a book ray,
    > where the last person on the list gives the book away to others to continue passing around, in a
    > less structured fashion.

    wouldn't the library be simpler, faster, no postage?

    Penny S

  3. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    (piggybacking, missed the original...) On Thu, 01 May 2003 18:58:28 -0700, Penny S. wrote:

    > Claire Petersky wrote:

    >> What is a book ring?

    A book ring to me is one of those snappy things in a 3-ring binder. No

    gabrielle

  4. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > (piggybacking, missed the original...) On Thu, 01 May 2003 18:58:28 -0700, Penny S. wrote:
    >
    > > Claire Petersky wrote:
    >
    > >> What is a book ring?
    >
    > A book ring to me is one of those snappy things in a 3-ring binder. No

    On behalf of the males of AM-B, "that goes DOUBLE for us!!!"

    Bill "there's snappy and then there's SNAP!py" S.

  5. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    Surely a candidate for most unfortunate post subject of the year?

    Andy Chequer

  6. If ever a subject needed some quotes as delimiters, this is that subject!

  7. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    gabrielle wrote:
    > (piggybacking, missed the original...) On Thu, 01 May 2003 18:58:28 -0700, Penny S. wrote:
    >
    >> Claire Petersky wrote:
    >
    >>> What is a book ring?
    >
    > A book ring to me is one of those snappy things in a 3-ring binder.

    > gabrielle
    nono, I wrote the post about libraries... not the "what is"...

    dang it grrl, don't mis qoute me... <ducking>

    penny