Sexual issues possibly related to intense training

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by KSUJace, Jul 19, 2005.

1. KSUJace

KSUJace New Member

Ok - I'm having some weird sexual problems which I think might relate to heavier training / riding I'm doing.

I've recently stepped up my training intensity and ride lengths and I also just did the longest endurance ride I've ever done... 160 miles less than 8 hours ride time.

I'm having really bad migraine head aches after I orgasm either self induced orgasm or sex. The pain is really severe in the front of my head, and continues for several hours.

I don't want to give up sex or other forms there of, I'm going to see my doctor about this but wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this problem.

I'm also have the normal numbness down there you get from long rides, I could deal with that, but this has pretty much eliminated all sex activity for now.

Tags:

2. MichaelB

MichaelB New Member

Wanker :)

3. robkit

robkit New Member

4. KSUJace

KSUJace New Member

According to this article it happens in males 20-25, I just turned 26. Maybe this is just a coincidence with my intenser training. Hopefully it just "goes away" like the article says it does. I think I'm still going to see my doctor tomorrow just as a precautionary measure.

5. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

Dehydration was my first reaction as well. I endure some headaches after tough/hot rides even when sex is not involved. A couple tylenol and lots of gatorade will make it go away in a couple hours.

On a side note, sex is typically the furthest thing from my mind after an extremely tough ride, so I have to give OP some props in that regard. Maybe change up your routine so you get your wanking out of the way *before* the ride? :D

6. Doctor Morbius

Doctor Morbius New Member

A quick forum search would have revealed this recent similar thread about penises, flacidity, libidos, diddling, doping and all sorts of fun stuff...

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t253579-cycing-training-and-sex-drive.html

Personally, I've always found women's attitudes and moods to be the most disruptive part of the sexual experience.

7. Don Shipp

Don Shipp New Member

The headache aspect is a new one on this forum, I think, although I've heard about it elsewhere. I don't that recall that dehydration is the root of that particular problem.
    What to do about it? Aspirin, maybe..

8. frenchcycling

frenchcycling New Member

we don;t need to kno about ur self induced orgasims.

9. Carrera

Carrera New Member

I experienced a wave of virtual impotence and suspect high intensity training.
    Not wanting to blow my own trumpet, a Russian pole dancer once told me (2 years ago) my imput was the best sex she ever had in her life (2 hours of solid rock and roll). But my present day performance has been pitiful. Last time a lady wiped the floor with me and got really bad tempered as I was useless :mad:
    I decided to cut down on my training and my libido seems to be coming back. ;)
    My own view is it's O.K. for these pro riders to knock the s++t out of their bodies on a bike, but they have no end of chemicals and drugs to balance the body out. I was doing it on nothing but a solid breakfast and my sex life went to the dogs. Hormone levels after very hard training cycles can drop, especially in older guys.

10. KSUJace

KSUJace New Member

went to the doc today... he is concerned about possible bleeding or lesion in my brain. he took a urine sample, (hopefully EPO negative), 3 vials of blood and sending me off for a brain CT

until CT results are back he said no sex, masturbation, cycling, running, swimming, lifting, no physical activity...

well I'm off to my training ride, CT scheduled after RAGBRAI on 8/1

11. Carrera

Carrera New Member

Hope all is well and the doc finds out where the problem lies. Hopefully you'll be O.K.

12. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

Why so blaise about the doctors advice while they figure out if your brain is bleeding? Did he indicate that it probably wasn't serious or something?

13. Doctor Morbius

Doctor Morbius New Member

My Uncle had an intracerebral hemorrhage and almost died. Had to have brain surgury. It's a miracle he's alive.

14. Don Shipp

Don Shipp New Member

If he does die I will nominate him for a Darwin Award.

15. robkit

robkit New Member

giving up cycling, running, swimming, lifting, physical activity I could handle, in the interests of my health n'all

but sex and masturbation?! come on doc! i'd rather die!

16. KSUJace

KSUJace New Member

my thoughts exactly!

17. Cycle242

Cycle242 New Member

About 6 months ago I experienced something every similar. Certain exercises in the gym would cause me to have extreme headaches. The worst I’d ever had in my life and I seriously thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. They would come on in a few seconds and last for hours. I had stained my neck a little the week before in the gym, but completely unrelated exercises were triggering the headaches.

Soon there after the same extreme headaches would start immediately after an orgasm, same as you are describing. I searched google relentlessly and found everything from capillary hemorrhaging to muscle strain. It turns out that in my case this was all caused by strained muscles in my neck, despite the fact they did not feel sore when I would rotate my head or press on the muscle. I had a skilled masseuse spend a good hour on my neck, and the following day my neck was loose and also very sore. I don’t understand why it didn’t feel sore before my message, but nevertheless all the muscles were very sensitive afterwards. I took a week or two off from lifting, waited for my neck to fully heal and the problem has never been back. I read a few cases of guys having the same problems with neck strain and severe headaches and a good message curing the problem.

Another observation I recently made regarding my own cycling, was when I took a large jump in my riding time. An extra hour on the bike for me resulted in some neck strain and soreness in the middle of my upper back. I could replicate the soreness simply by leaning over as if I was in a cycling position and raising my head mimicking the position I was in while on the bike.

After typing a novel here, basically what I’m getting at is that neck strain can result in extreme migraines after orgasm, and I’ve had it happen to me first hand. Since you just recently pushed yourself to do some intense training and long ride lengths I’d say this would be a very plausible cause for your migraines. By all means, let your Doctor rule out any rare and serious conditions, but I’d find a good masseuse in the meantime for work on your neck for you.

Hope I could be of some help, keep us updated.
    Cycle242