Sexy Bike Bits

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Maybe we need a thread just about bike component ****. I'll start it off...... Who doesn't love a sexy set of hubs, eh? No, I'm not talking about anterior chesticles but those lurvely, shiney baubles at the centers of our wheels. Here's a scrog worthy set from PMP: These are not only some of the best hubs you can buy but also some of the hand polished shiniest (White Industries):

Here's the sexiest bit on my steed. Keeps him plump all day... Although with that said the gender assignment to the clamp would be au feminine to keep the aesthetics for my own personal sensibilities legit.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Here's a scrog worthy set from PMP:

These are not only some of the best hubs you can buy but also some of the hand polished shiniest (White Industries):
Hi Alienator, those Whites are very very nice :)

What rims are you going to use with them?

In the past Kinlin rims--XR250's/270's--and Alex Crostini rims. Now, laced to the WI hubs are another Kinlin and a Velocity A23. The Kinlin will soon be gone and replaced with another Velocity A23. The rims are currently laced with 24 2x CX-Rays in front and 28 2x DT Competitions in back. I weigh 170-175lbs.

Come on guys you can do better than this. How about a nice pair of nipples.

Not so much bike bits, but perhaps even more hardcore....anything Cinelli Laser.

The '89 Laser Evoluzione Pursuit frame is sublime.

Reactions: steve
Hi Tech72, nice ... to ask did they ever race that frame with the dropped headset. I notice that the complete bike does not have the dropped headset :)

where do they sell PMP hubs in US? Do you know their website? you used to be on roadbikereview.com. Why did you leave?

I never thought pedals were sexy until I saw and pawed Shimano's new Dura Ace pedal and the new Ultegra pedal. Damn iffin' they ain't hot with their blackness and carboniferousness. The Dura Ace flavor definitely takes the cake, but I won't throw the Ultegra out of bed for eating crackers. With the longer lived cleat, wider platform, and the better functionality on the walk to a mid-ride nature break, and better bearings (compared to my Keo's), I can easily swallow the price of the Dura Ace bits, and someday soon they will grace my Campy cranks. Some friends a couple of months ago wanted to stop in Tri-Sports (the catalog tri company.....their home store is in Tucson..........and is deflating for anyone not interested in Tri, i.e. me), and they had Dura Ace pedals priced to move. Alas, my wallet was light, but I did carry their image home so that I could onanate (yes, I know it's not a real word) thinking about them.
shimano-pedal-dura-ace-7900-spd-sl-v2.jpg
shimano-pedal-ultegra-6700-sl-carbon-v2.jpg
While the Ultegra shifters look nice and Ultegra has always been a great group--and now a much better looking group--methinks they don't hold a candle to these lovelies:
campy_srecord_shifters_11_m.jpg

vspa said:
If given the choice between Mavic hoops and Ambrosio rims, Ambrosios should be chosen every time! They make some lurvely rims, particularly the Nemesis, the Excellence, and the Excellight.

needawheel said:
where do they sell PMP hubs in US? Do you know their website? you used to be on roadbikereview.com. Why did you leave?
I don't know who's selling them in the US, if anybody. I'd check with the UK office or the HQ in Italy. PMP makes a number of things that are top notch and shiny. Actually, if I'd been paying more attention and had been a bit more patient I would have found this listing of PMP dealers in the US.

Definitely not disgreeable. A very good choice indeed. But I believe you were blinded by the high polish of the Campy crankset, or you will not have missed the even more rare and delectable Mavic 631 road crankset - the original 631, not the slimmed down 631/2 version.

Attachments

• w_mavic_road.jpg
    w_mavic_road.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 14