Sh*t Week Commuting

chn68b

Jan 3, 2006
I've had such a crappy week this week commuting.

Firstly, I got squeezed against the kerb by a lorry going over Newport bridge and flipped, pursuing the driver for a good mile until I managed to catch him at a red light. He gave me a bit of grief as I shouted at him when the incident happened and I flipped, jumped on the pedals and gave chase. He must have been quite shocked to see me in his mirror as he ran two red lights to get away. I caught up with him in the end though.;)

A puncture on the way home yesterday evening next to rush hour traffic, and every white transit van passenger that drove by thinking they were comedians.

Finally, this morning a school kid decided to throw something at my face as I road off a busy roundabout. Luckily for me I saw it coming and ducked out of the way.

Is it me or are cyclists in Britain viewed as second class citizens, something to ridicule and push around? Recently I've seen a few derogatory articles in some of the national papers too.

chn68b said:
I've had such a crappy week this week commuting.

Firstly, I got squeezed against the kerb by a lorry going over Newport bridge and flipped, pursuing the driver for a good mile until I managed to catch him at a red light. He gave me a bit of grief as I shouted at him when the incident happened and I flipped, jumped on the pedals and gave chase. He must have been quite shocked to see me in his mirror as he ran two red lights to get away. I caught up with him in the end though.;)

A puncture on the way home yesterday evening next to rush hour traffic, and every white transit van passenger that drove by thinking they were comedians.

Finally, this morning a school kid decided to throw something at my face as I road off a busy roundabout. Luckily for me I saw it coming and ducked out of the way.

Is it me or are cyclists in Britain viewed as second class citizens, something to ridicule and push around? Recently I've seen a few derogatory articles in some of the national papers too.

You've roused a lot my interest to go to Britain and ride there on my bike :)
I'm still hoping I'll be able to do this next year.
I'm still wondering if there are worse places to ride than my city.