shady trek dealings

Three words: Small Claims Court

"Mark Fennell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> FasTrack <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:31:19 -0500, "Ryan Fisher" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >just thought id share my recent experiences with Trek with everyone in
case
> > >you were thinking about purchasing one of their carbon frames.
> > >

> <snip>
>

> > They should be more to the story here. Trek has been awesome with their warranty and service.
> >
> > ??
> >

> > Dave Lettieri FasTrack Bicycles 118 W. Canon Perdido Santa Barbara, CA 93101 805-884-0210 775-248-
> > 7632 Fax
> >

> > www.fastrackbicycles.com
>
> Dave,
>
> Couple questions:
>
> - Does the Trek warranty apply only to the original owner? If so, do you need proof that you are
> the original owner?
>
> - Would riding the bike on a trainer contribute to the kind of crack this guy's frame had? (been
> wondering if a mag or wind trainer is bad for the rear triangle, and possibly the cause of my
> cracked frame.)
>
> Mark
>
> p.s. FWIW, I know of probably 10 people that have had Trek frame problems and, in all cases, Trek
> was very helpful in replacing the frame or repairing the problem. I guess that is both good
> and bad!

In article <6%[email protected]>,
"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Three words: Small Claims Court

Three more words: Don't ask Justin.

--
tanx, Howard

"We're not laughing -at- you, we're laughing -with- you..) "But... I'm not
laughing???" Happiness

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

> Are there any warranty reports from a Texan rider who damaged his Trek 5900 in similar fashion in
> France last summer?

Pretty sure that Lance has a contract that says he can saw an OCLV in half if he wants and he still
gets supplied with more. Not too likely they're going to bat an eye at replacing or repairing a
frame that Iban Mayo ran over.

Originally posted by Mike Jacoubowsk
> Are there any warranty reports from a Texan rider who damaged his Trek 5900 in similar fashion in
> France last summer?

Pretty sure that Lance has a contract that says he can saw an OCLV in half if he wants and he still
gets supplied with more. Not too likely they're going to bat an eye at replacing or repairing a
frame that Iban Mayo ran over.

I can see it now:

Dear USPS,

Sorry, I will not be able to ride for the USPS team this year. See, I broke my bike during last year's tour and Trek won't warranty it. I, unfortunately, can't afford to replace it on my meager salary.

Sincerely,
Lance Armstrong

mt_biker wrote:

> Dear USPS,
>
> Sorry, I will not be able to ride for the USPS team this year. See, I broke my bike during last
> year's tour and Trek won't warranty it. I, unfortunately, can't afford to replace it on my
> meager salary.
>
> Sincerely, Lance Armstrong

PS My brake was rubbing on my tyre also.

Originally posted by Ryan Fisher
They should be more to the story here. Trek has been awesome with their warranty and service.

exactly. all ive heard form other people is good things about trek warranty etc.

My one and only experience with Trek on a warranty issue (Cracked lug) went off without a hitch. Trek and my LBS were phenomenal with their service. ;)