? shallow-drop bars

Bg

Guest
I'd like to try some shallow-drop handlebars but don't know which manf has them. Any
recommendations? thanks, bill

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:40:04 +0000, BG wrote:

> I'd like to try some shallow-drop handlebars but don't know which manf has them. Any
> recommendations?

Salsa. I have their cross bars, which I really like, but they make a standard road bar (well, what
is standard.... cross bars are splayed out on the drops, their non-cross bars are not. Both have, I
believe, the "ergo" bend to them which I also like). The drop is considerably shallower than most.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You _`\(,_ | soon find out the
pig likes it! (_)/ (_) |

BG <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'd like to try some shallow-drop handlebars but don't know which manf has them. Any
> recommendations? thanks, bill

Deda 215 Classic Shallow (note the "classic shallow" as these also come in an ergonomic and classic
deep drop which you dont want) - Lance Armstrong uses these but dont let that put you off !

Salsa have a great range of handle bars that have a short reach and shallow drop. Check out the
"Salsa Short and Shallow" and the even shorter and shallower "Salsa Poco" - this bar has lots of
room on the top of the bar - good if you like a wide grip on the tops - but this leads to a tight
curve at the end of the bar as it bends into the drops which can make the hand position on the brake
hoods a bit uncomfortable.

Cinelli Giro 64 model - however I think these only come in the old
26.4 diameter

-R

Deda 215 shallow drop round (not anatomic) and Ritchey WCS Classic bars have almost the same reach
and drop dimensions, approximately 81 and 135 mm respectively, IIRC. Both have MSRPs of $70. Ritchey
width is measured center to center and the bar is 25.8 mm diameter. Deda width is outside to outside
and 26 mm diameter. There also is a Ritchey Biomax bar with shallow drop, short reach, and a flare
to the drops. Your shop can get these bars. Excelsports.com sells Biomax, which is also frequently
listed on ebay by someone who claims to be an authorized Ritchey dealer able to warrant the bars.
The Deda 215 is available from speedgoat.com.

L. D. Lide

Thanks, all, you your help. Time to experiment.