? shallow-drop bars

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bg, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Bg

    Bg Guest

    I'd like to try some shallow-drop handlebars but don't know which manf has them. Any
    recommendations? thanks, bill

    Tags:

  2. On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:40:04 +0000, BG wrote:

    > I'd like to try some shallow-drop handlebars but don't know which manf has them. Any
    > recommendations?

    Salsa. I have their cross bars, which I really like, but they make a standard road bar (well, what
    is standard.... cross bars are splayed out on the drops, their non-cross bars are not. Both have, I
    believe, the "ergo" bend to them which I also like). The drop is considerably shallower than most.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You _`\(,_ | soon find out the
    pig likes it! (_)/ (_) |

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "BG" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'd like to try some shallow-drop handlebars but don't know which manf has them. Any
    > recommendations? thanks, bill

    Ritchey Bio Max?

    Mike

  4. Rik O'Shea

    Rik O'Shea Guest

    BG <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'd like to try some shallow-drop handlebars but don't know which manf has them. Any
    > recommendations? thanks, bill

    Deda 215 Classic Shallow (note the "classic shallow" as these also come in an ergonomic and classic
    deep drop which you dont want) - Lance Armstrong uses these but dont let that put you off !

    Salsa have a great range of handle bars that have a short reach and shallow drop. Check out the
    "Salsa Short and Shallow" and the even shorter and shallower "Salsa Poco" - this bar has lots of
    room on the top of the bar - good if you like a wide grip on the tops - but this leads to a tight
    curve at the end of the bar as it bends into the drops which can make the hand position on the brake
    hoods a bit uncomfortable.

    Cinelli Giro 64 model - however I think these only come in the old
    26.4 diameter

    -R

  5. Neaudl

    Neaudl Guest

    Deda 215 shallow drop round (not anatomic) and Ritchey WCS Classic bars have almost the same reach
    and drop dimensions, approximately 81 and 135 mm respectively, IIRC. Both have MSRPs of $70. Ritchey
    width is measured center to center and the bar is 25.8 mm diameter. Deda width is outside to outside
    and 26 mm diameter. There also is a Ritchey Biomax bar with shallow drop, short reach, and a flare
    to the drops. Your shop can get these bars. Excelsports.com sells Biomax, which is also frequently
    listed on ebay by someone who claims to be an authorized Ritchey dealer able to warrant the bars.
    The Deda 215 is available from speedgoat.com.

    L. D. Lide

  6. Bg

    Bg Guest

    Thanks, all, you your help. Time to experiment.

    BG wrote:

    > I'd like to try some shallow-drop handlebars but don't know which manf has them. Any
    > recommendations? thanks, bill

  7. Richard Chan

    Richard Chan Guest

    [email protected] (NeauDL) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    Check out chucksbikes.com. They have Modolo's in black or silver, 42 or 44 cm for $14!! These look
    pretty shallow(drop) to me.