shallow drop handlebar

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by rparedes, Dec 20, 2009.

1. rparedes

rparedes New Member

Looking for suggestions on a shallow drop (125-135mm) but with a standard reach (85-95mm) AL bar. 31.8 clamp size.
    Most of the ones I've found have a very short reach ( I have the FSA compact-75mm reach)

Tags:

2. PeterF

PeterF New Member

Ritchey BioMax. 82 reach 130 drop. A little shorter on reach than you asked for, but it's a comfy bar. Flared drops as well which makes it good for cross or any long stretches in the drops.

3. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

If you can't find a handlebar which has both the drop & reach you want then buy the bars with the DROP that you want ... and then, buy a longer-or-shorter stem to adjust the REACH.

So, for example, if you are using a 100mm-or-110mm stem, then buy a 120mm stem ...

If you are already using a 120mm stem, then you probably need a frame with a longer top tube ...

If you are already using a 130mm stem, then you definitely need a frame with a longer top tube.

4. rparedes

rparedes New Member

That's not the "reach" I'm talking about. I'm talking about the "flats" on the bar, before the hoods. I need more "flat room" for my hands.... thanks

5. PeterF

PeterF New Member

Check out the ritchey. I know exactly what you mean about the flat transistion. The BioMax is a bit misleading since the bars sweep back a bit, so the flat transition area is longer than you would think.

6. BluesDawg

BluesDawg New Member

The Salsa Short & Shallow bar is a little outside your spec at 144mm drop and 82mm reach, but it is a surprisingly comfortable bar. I like it about as much as my favorite Nitto Noodle bar.

7. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

The 3T Ergosum fits your dimensions: reach=89 mm; drop=128 mm.

8. rparedes

rparedes New Member

Thanks! It seems to be what I'm looking for...