SHAME FILE-Near Misses Road Rage VIC

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by rooman, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    ADD YOUR FAVOURITE DRIVER:

    This may have been done but we need a SHAME FILE to publicly record the incidents of near misses , road rage and errant stupidity of motorists against cyclists.:mad:
    Suggestion: someone in each state start a Post for local records. Every rider add details of incidents to list as it grows we periodically copy the list off and it finds its way to the constabulary, the press and any other forum that can SHAME these idiots.

    Incidents should have: "SHAME FILE" (add in Quotes and build)

    ID REGN# ST LOCATION DATE/TIME MAKE/COLOUR RAGE TYPE REPORTER

    1. ORE282 V BLK RK BchR 12Feb04/5:50p Red/Ford Speed near Miss Rooman
    2. PSvcTaxi V Everywhere Jan-Jun05 Ford/Green roof Near Misses Rooman
    3. APGRAF V Kang Grnd 15Jun05.pm SubaruWRX/Blue Near Miss Marc Bishop

    Tags:

  2. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
    man, I would have about 10 a day!!

    the most recent I can remember was some tosser in a dark Audi wagon that turned up Dendy St off Beach Rd...PRICK/WANKER/TURD!!!:p

  3. sinus

    sinus New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2004
    I think you need some punctuation or separator, Miss Rooman.

  4. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    you try making a chart on a post! , miss sinus! (and last time I looked it was there, so the miss missed in your missive)

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    i loike (or should that be dislike?) that second one...

  6. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    The second one is the Peak Service Taxi, recognised around Melbourne by the green roof, I believe, (I thought it was a memorial cab for the oldest licence or something,) and when I kept getting cab incidents , all with a green roof, I thought this bunny has a real mindset against cyclists, but no, it is all green roof cabbies who have a mindset against cyclists, jeepers, Ive been allmost mowed down in the city, had one barge out on my left at St Kilda, had one cut me off at Sandringham on Beach Road, another nearly belted me into the kerb in Mentone and the final straw, one at the Savoy Hotel on Beach Road just roared past, slammed on his brakes, in front of me then sped off, then tried it again...I was not quick enough to grab the T Plate #, but the next green roof cab that comes any closer to me than 1 meter will be happy to meet me!

    OK , how about adding some drivers to the list!, I'm sure all those incidents arnt wind and hot air...or did you just miss the rego...if you cant regoID then a short description like FedEx truck, or Toll Container Semi, or 600 Bus(see above)..I'm sure you've had em all...grrrrrrr......

  7. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  8. trek-man

    trek-man New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2005
    To get anywhere your gonna need a time, date, place and rego number plus description of vehicle and driver.

    cheers
    Mick

  9. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    rooman wrote:

    > OK , how about adding some drivers to the list!, I'm sure all those
    > incidents arnt wind and hot air...or did you just miss the rego...if
    > you cant regoID then a short description like FedEx truck, or Toll
    > Container Semi, or 600 Bus(see above)..I'm sure you've had em
    > all...grrrrrrr......

    Anyone still got the rego for that car from BR38?

    DaveB

  10. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    that's why I have done the chart, with all that info to put in...also a witness verification Y/N would be an add if available....

    to be credible all info needs to be set out...

    that link on Australian Cyclist would be good to see (if the link worked).. but we can get it started at least, even if I transpose the data as it comes in onto an .xls chart and its output can be used.....(avoids the post text editor from truncating pras and putting in CRs on longer lines of text....)

    whatever...let's do it!

  11. rooman wrote:

    > that link on Australian Cyclist would be good to see (if the link
    > worked).. but we can get it started at least, even if I transpose the
    > data as it comes in onto an .xls chart and its output can be
    > used.....(avoids the post text editor from truncating pras and putting
    > in CRs on longer lines of text....)
    >
    > whatever...let's do it!
    >

    > --
    > rooman

    the link seems to be working fine now:

    http://www.australiancyclist.com.au/showarticle.php?s=14&a=931

    cheers,
    Ali

  12. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > rooman wrote:
    >

    >>that link on Australian Cyclist would be good to see (if the link
    >>worked).. but we can get it started at least, even if I transpose the
    >>data as it comes in onto an .xls chart and its output can be
    >>used.....(avoids the post text editor from truncating pras and putting
    >>in CRs on longer lines of text....)
    >>
    >>whatever...let's do it!
    >>

    >>--
    >>rooman

    > the link seems to be working fine now:
    >
    > http://www.australiancyclist.com.au/showarticle.php?s=14&a=931
    >
    > cheers,
    > Ali

    I think the failed link referred to is
    http://ecofiles.org/driverdatabase/home.html

    DaveB

  13. oh... *ooops*

    sorry... i got distracted following links along the way!

    ali

  14. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    ADD AWAY, UNTIL THE LINK COMES BACK, WE NEED TO WORK ON THIS....SO ADD YOUR DRIVERS TO THE LIST ABOVE.....IN A REPLY TO THIS POST....AND KEEP IT BUILDING...OTHER STATES SOME ONE DO THEM TOO!!

  15. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    i think this thing would work far better (hey, longterm vision here)
    if just a simple online form. more centralised and mans you dont have to keep 'passing it around' otherwisew rooman is gonna go nuts keepin on everyone's case

    Calling all a.b. geeks. your nerdiness is forgiven and we need your help!

    cheers

    FD
    new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

  16. kanangara

    kanangara New Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    No wonder you're up and posting so early.

    Parbs

  17. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    Thanks FD, yes please, a.b techies, an online form ...aaaaahhhhhhh the serenity!

    New ride for you too, woohoo this is a good week.....enjoy, [you show me yours and I'll show you some piccies too!].....remember, she must have a massage daily, keep her warm, happy and with enough shopping money to buy new neat healthy items ( so she can perform to her best) when the fancy takes her, and a regular trip to the day spa for a wax and pedicure....and is there any orange in the hair-do?:D

  18. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    hehe. i think you need help. or a club-tshirt :D

    Im worried the indexing will go out of whack when in the bed :rolleyes:

    no orange. the AJAX shirt'll come out occasionally tho

    Anyone know of any free or cgi-based stuff to build this thing?
    I'll do the interface, c'mon propellor-heads. pony-up