SHAME FILE-Near Misses Road Rage VIC

rooman

New Member
Mar 11, 2005
1,167
ADD YOUR FAVOURITE DRIVER:

This may have been done but we need a SHAME FILE to publicly record the incidents of near misses , road rage and errant stupidity of motorists against cyclists.:mad:
Suggestion: someone in each state start a Post for local records. Every rider add details of incidents to list as it grows we periodically copy the list off and it finds its way to the constabulary, the press and any other forum that can SHAME these idiots.

Incidents should have: "SHAME FILE" (add in Quotes and build)

ID REGN# ST LOCATION DATE/TIME MAKE/COLOUR RAGE TYPE REPORTER

1. ORE282 V BLK RK BchR 12Feb04/5:50p Red/Ford Speed near Miss Rooman
2. PSvcTaxi V Everywhere Jan-Jun05 Ford/Green roof Near Misses Rooman
3. APGRAF V Kang Grnd 15Jun05.pm SubaruWRX/Blue Near Miss Marc Bishop

man, I would have about 10 a day!!

the most recent I can remember was some ****** in a dark Audi wagon that turned up Dendy St off Beach Rd...*****/******/TURD!!!:p

rooman said:
ID REGN# ST LOCATION DATE/TIME MAKE/COLOUR RAGE TYPE REPORTER

1. ORE282 V BLK RK BchR 12Feb04/5:50p Red/Ford Speed near Miss Rooman
2. PSvcTaxi V Everywhere Jan-Jun05 Ford/Green roof Near Misses Rooman
3. APGRAF V Kang Grnd 15Jun05.pm SubaruWRX/Blue Near Miss Marc Bishop
I think you need some punctuation or separator, Miss Rooman.

sinus said:
I think you need some punctuation or separator, .
you try making a chart on a post! , miss sinus! (and last time I looked it was there, so the miss missed in your missive)

rooman said:
ADD YOUR FAVOURITE DRIVER:

This may have been done but we need a SHAME FILE to publicly record the incidents of near misses , road rage and errant stupidity of motorists against cyclists.:mad:
Suggestion: someone in each state start a Post for local records. Every rider add details of incidents to list as it grows we periodically copy the list off and it finds its way to the constabulary, the press and any other forum that can SHAME these idiots.

Incidents should have: "SHAME FILE" (add in Quotes and build)

ID REGN# ST LOCATION DATE/TIME MAKE/COLOUR RAGE TYPE REPORTER

1. ORE282 V BLK RK BchR 12Feb04/5:50p Red/Ford Speed near Miss Rooman
2. PSvcTaxi V Everywhere Jan-Jun05 Ford/Green roof Near Misses Rooman
3. APGRAF V Kang Grnd 15Jun05.pm SubaruWRX/Blue Near Miss Marc Bishop
4. Rte600 Bus Barkly St Elwd Mar05 MetLink 40seater Hit shoulder( inBike Lane) Rooman
The second one is the Peak Service Taxi, recognised around Melbourne by the green roof, I believe, (I thought it was a memorial cab for the oldest licence or something,) and when I kept getting cab incidents , all with a green roof, I thought this bunny has a real mindset against cyclists, but no, it is all green roof cabbies who have a mindset against cyclists, jeepers, Ive been allmost mowed down in the city, had one barge out on my left at St Kilda, had one cut me off at Sandringham on Beach Road, another nearly belted me into the kerb in Mentone and the final straw, one at the Savoy Hotel on Beach Road just roared past, slammed on his brakes, in front of me then sped off, then tried it again...I was not quick enough to grab the T Plate #, but the next green roof cab that comes any closer to me than 1 meter will be happy to meet me!

OK , how about adding some drivers to the list!, I'm sure all those incidents arnt wind and hot air...or did you just miss the rego...if you cant regoID then a short description like FedEx truck, or Toll Container Semi, or 600 Bus(see above)..I'm sure you've had em all...grrrrrrr......

rooman wrote:

> OK , how about adding some drivers to the list!, I'm sure all those
> incidents arnt wind and hot air...or did you just miss the rego...if
> you cant regoID then a short description like FedEx truck, or Toll
> Container Semi, or 600 Bus(see above)..I'm sure you've had em
> all...grrrrrrr......

Anyone still got the rego for that car from BR38?

DaveB

trek-man said:
To get anywhere your gonna need a time, date, place and rego number plus description of vehicle and driver.

cheers
Mick
that's why I have done the chart, with all that info to put in...also a witness verification Y/N would be an add if available....

to be credible all info needs to be set out...

that link on Australian Cyclist would be good to see (if the link worked).. but we can get it started at least, even if I transpose the data as it comes in onto an .xls chart and its output can be used.....(avoids the post text editor from truncating pras and putting in CRs on longer lines of text....)

whatever...let's do it!

rooman wrote:

> that link on Australian Cyclist would be good to see (if the link
> worked).. but we can get it started at least, even if I transpose the
> data as it comes in onto an .xls chart and its output can be
> used.....(avoids the post text editor from truncating pras and putting
> in CRs on longer lines of text....)
>
> whatever...let's do it!
>

> --
> rooman

the link seems to be working fine now:

http://www.australiancyclist.com.au/showarticle.php?s=14&a=931

cheers,
Ali

[email protected] wrote:

> rooman wrote:
>

>>that link on Australian Cyclist would be good to see (if the link
>>worked).. but we can get it started at least, even if I transpose the
>>data as it comes in onto an .xls chart and its output can be
>>used.....(avoids the post text editor from truncating pras and putting
>>in CRs on longer lines of text....)
>>
>>whatever...let's do it!
>>

>>--
>>rooman

> the link seems to be working fine now:
>
> http://www.australiancyclist.com.au/showarticle.php?s=14&a=931
>
> cheers,
> Ali

I think the failed link referred to is
http://ecofiles.org/driverdatabase/home.html

DaveB

rooman said:
ADD YOUR FAVOURITE DRIVER:

This may have been done but we need a SHAME FILE to publicly record the incidents of near misses , road rage and errant stupidity of motorists against cyclists.:mad:
Suggestion: someone in each state start a Post for local records. Every rider add details of incidents to list as it grows we periodically copy the list off and it finds its way to the constabulary, the press and any other forum that can SHAME these idiots.

Incidents should have: "SHAME FILE" (add in Quotes and build)

ID REGN# ST LOCATION DATE/TIME MAKE/COLOUR RAGE TYPE REPORTER

1. ORE282 V BLK RK BchR 12Feb04/5:50p Red/Ford Speed near Miss Rooman
2. PSvcTaxi V Everywhere Jan-Jun05 Ford/Green roof Near Misses Rooman
3. APGRAF V Kang Grnd 15Jun05.pm SubaruWRX/Blue Near Miss Marc Bishop

ADD AWAY, UNTIL THE LINK COMES BACK, WE NEED TO WORK ON THIS....SO ADD YOUR DRIVERS TO THE LIST ABOVE.....IN A REPLY TO THIS POST....AND KEEP IT BUILDING...OTHER STATES SOME ONE DO THEM TOO!!

rooman said:
ADD AWAY, UNTIL THE LINK COMES BACK, WE NEED TO WORK ON THIS....SO ADD YOUR DRIVERS TO THE LIST ABOVE.....IN A REPLY TO THIS POST....AND KEEP IT BUILDING...OTHER STATES SOME ONE DO THEM TOO!!

i think this thing would work far better (hey, longterm vision here)
if just a simple online form. more centralised and mans you dont have to keep 'passing it around' otherwisew rooman is gonna go nuts keepin on everyone's case

Calling all a.b. geeks. your nerdiness is forgiven and we need your help!

cheers

FD
new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

flyingdutch said:
new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No wonder you're up and posting so early.

Parbs

flyingdutch said:
i think this thing would work far better (hey, longterm vision here)
if just a simple online form. more centralised and mans you dont have to keep 'passing it around' otherwisew rooman is gonna go nuts keepin on everyone's case

Calling all a.b. geeks. your nerdiness is forgiven and we need your help!

cheers

FD
new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. new bike today. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Thanks FD, yes please, a.b techies, an online form ...aaaaahhhhhhh the serenity!

New ride for you too, woohoo this is a good week.....enjoy, [you show me yours and I'll show you some piccies too!].....remember, she must have a massage daily, keep her warm, happy and with enough shopping money to buy new neat healthy items ( so she can perform to her best) when the fancy takes her, and a regular trip to the day spa for a wax and pedicure....and is there any orange in the hair-do?:D

rooman said:
Thanks FD, yes please, a.b techies, an online form ...aaaaahhhhhhh the serenity!

New ride for you too, woohoo this is a good week.....enjoy, [you show me yours and I'll show you some piccies too!].....remember, she must have a massage daily, keep her warm, happy and with enough shopping money to buy new neat healthy items ( so she can perform to her best) when the fancy takes her, and a regular trip to the day spa for a wax and pedicure....and is there any orange in the hair-do?:D

hehe. i think you need help. or a club-tshirt :D

Im worried the indexing will go out of whack when in the bed :rolleyes:

no orange. the AJAX shirt'll come out occasionally tho

Anyone know of any free or cgi-based stuff to build this thing?
I'll do the interface, c'mon propellor-heads. pony-up