Share your tips/encouragement to keep cycling once passing driving test

Digit

Jan 16, 2013
I used to cycle everywhere as a practical means to get to places, and it was excellent for keeping me fit and healthy. A few months back, I got my driving license, and have only been cycling twice since (four times if you count the there-and-back). HELP!! :D Are there any tips to keep cycling? Do I just need the right psychelogical carrot on a stick to move my stubborn mule of an ass back into cyling gear? Have you gone through similar, and managed to find a way to keep cycling regularly? What did you do? What were you telling yourself, to motivate you to hop on the bike? Did you put the cycling helmet next to the front door, and drop the car keys in a hole through to a hard to reach place in the basement? ... or what?

traffic jams ! great motivation to return to your commute bike,

Think about all that money you don't have to spend on gas while on a bike. Think about all those people in cars you can pass on a bike while their stuck in traffic. Think about how the bike makes you more alert and sharp in the morning and relieves the stress of the day in the evening. Most importantly, think about hot womynz riding right in front of you clad in tight lycra.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Think about all those people in cars you can pass on a bike while their stuck in traffic.

Unfortunately you also have to think about all the toxic gas you are inhaling as it spews from the exhausts of this stalled traffic.