sharing the road

TimC said:
On 2006-09-01, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
> Rooman, I suspect you're posting from a board or something. Your text gets
> mixed up with that of the person you're replying to. If you would insert a,
> or another, carriage return between the previous poster's text and your own,
> it would be attributed correctly, and much easier to read

Same as Euan when posting via cyclingforums.

You need at least 2 newlines between all subquotes and reply (and
sometimes apparently 3) when posting via cyclingforums, for the post
not to be completely messed up for us non-cyclingforums users.

Hmmm, wonder if groups.google is any better....

On 2006-09-01, EuanB (aka Bruce)
>> Same as Euan when posting via cyclingforums.
>>
>> You need at least 2 newlines between all subquotes and reply (and
>> sometimes apparently 3) when posting via cyclingforums, for the post
>> not to be completely messed up for us non-cyclingforums users.

> Hmmm, wonder if groups.google is any better....

"different" :)

At least it was designed to talk to usenet well (er, better), because
it *is* usenet, even though google are trying their darndest to beat
microsoft at suckiness.

It's got its own problems. Personally, I'd probably go with google
groups, and just make sure you click on "reply" instead of "reply"
(yep, two different buttons, labelled the same, with different
behaviours; one of which doesn't quote the reply when you are writing,
but the text that gets sent across the wire is top posted to an
unsnipped quoted article), and bottom post explicitly.

Personally, I wouldn't even do that. I don't know what my ISP is
going to be "up there", but if they don't have UNSENET, then I'll rant
and rave and then quietly pay my $10 a year for an individual.net
account. Oh and any ISP that tells me I can't run any servers can go
BITE MY SHINY METAL ****. :)

--
TimC
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere. --unknown

TimC wrote:

> Personally, I wouldn't even do that. I don't know what my ISP is
> going to be "up there", but if they don't have UNSENET, then I'll rant
> and rave and then quietly pay my $10 a year for an individual.net
> account. Oh and any ISP that tells me I can't run any servers can go
> BITE MY SHINY METAL ****. :)

Ahaaa Tim will get a new mail addr! I have a way to go but that gives me
a chance at moving up the all time posters list. With Hippy well out of
the way that's another spot I could move up. That just leaves Tam and
Bleve. Let the spamming begin!

All time top posters
4600 [email protected]
3465 [email protected]
3402 [email protected]
2102 Bleve
1714 [email protected]
1366 [email protected]
1362 [email protected]
1229 [email protected]
1136 [email protected]
1126 [email protected]

DaveB

DaveB wrote:
> TimC wrote:
>

>> Personally, I wouldn't even do that. I don't know what my ISP is
>> going to be "up there", but if they don't have UNSENET, then I'll rant
>> and rave and then quietly pay my $10 a year for an individual.net
>> account. Oh and any ISP that tells me I can't run any servers can go
>> BITE MY SHINY METAL ****. :)
>>

> Ahaaa Tim will get a new mail addr! I have a way to go but that gives me
> a chance at moving up the all time posters list. With Hippy well out of
> the way that's another spot I could move up. That just leaves Tam and
> Bleve. Let the spamming begin!
>

> All time top posters
> 4600 [email protected]
> 3465 [email protected]
> 3402 [email protected]
> 2102 Bleve
> 1714 [email protected]
> 1366 [email protected]
> 1362 [email protected]
> 1229 [email protected]
> 1136 [email protected]
> 1126 [email protected]
>
> DaveB

I'm in seventh position but I should have more but for a name change.

Friday

On 2006-09-01, Friday (aka Bruce)
> DaveB wrote:
>> All time top posters
>> 4600 [email protected]
>> 3465 [email protected]
>> 3402 [email protected]
>> 2102 Bleve
>> 1714 [email protected]
>> 1366 [email protected]
>> 1362 [email protected]
>> 1229 [email protected]
>> 1136 [email protected]
>> 1126 [email protected]
>>
>> DaveB

> I'm in seventh position but I should have more but for a name change.

You were once called "Thursday"?

--
TimC
Animals who are not penguins can only wish they were.

On 2006-09-01, DaveB (aka Bruce)
> TimC wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I wouldn't even do that. I don't know what my ISP is
>> going to be "up there", but if they don't have UNSENET, then I'll rant
>> and rave and then quietly pay my $10 a year for an individual.net
>> account. Oh and any ISP that tells me I can't run any servers can go
>> BITE MY SHINY METAL ****. :)
>>

> Ahaaa Tim will get a new mail addr! I have a way to go but that gives me
> a chance at moving up the all time posters list. With Hippy well out of
> the way that's another spot I could move up. That just leaves Tam and
> Bleve. Let the spamming begin!
>

> All time top posters
> 4600 [email protected]
> 3465 [email protected]
> 3402 [email protected]

You're friging kidding me. I've only been here for a year or two.

OK, so how many of you have me killfiled?

--
TimC
-o)

DaveB said:

Bugger, it doesn't pick up CF posts, I'm in the international top ten!

Cycling Forums: User Name / Posts

limerickman: 9,665
flyingdutch: 5,459
boudreaux: 5,151
articlebot: 4,687
Carrera: 3,997
jhuskey: 3,789
cfsmtb: 3,618
ric_stern/RST: 3,225
davidmc: 3,202
RapDaddyo: 2,922

"TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 2006-09-01, DaveB (aka Bruce)
>> TimC wrote:
>>>
>>> Personally, I wouldn't even do that. I don't know what my ISP is
>>> going to be "up there", but if they don't have UNSENET, then I'll rant
>>> and rave and then quietly pay my $10 a year for an individual.net
>>> account. Oh and any ISP that tells me I can't run any servers can go
>>> BITE MY SHINY METAL ****. :)
>>>

>> Ahaaa Tim will get a new mail addr! I have a way to go but that gives me
>> a chance at moving up the all time posters list. With Hippy well out of
>> the way that's another spot I could move up. That just leaves Tam and
>> Bleve. Let the spamming begin!
>>

>> All time top posters
>> 4600 [email protected]
>> 3465 [email protected]
>> 3402 [email protected]

> You're friging kidding me. I've only been here for a year or two.
>
> OK, so how many of you have me killfiled?

Just how many answers do you expect to that question? Assuming, of course
that they don't read the question as quoted in this reply.

In article <[email protected]>,
Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:

> In aus.bicycle on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:29:01 GMT
> Fractal <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I think instead of a slogan such as Share The Road, which can mean almost
> > anything, more specific grabs are needed, like "Motorists pass cyclists
> > with
> > care" or "watch for cyclists when turning left" , or even "cyclists are
> > legal road users, treat them with respect". Particularly during Bike Week

> What slogans should be aimed at cyclists?
>
> Zebee

"Night-time" means it is "turn on your (highly visible) lights-time".

--
K.A. Moylan
Canberra, Australia