Sharkskin in BBB gloves

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by casurina99, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. casurina99

    casurina99 New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2004
    Hi all,

    A collegue of mine has some gloves for winter riding. The tag says they are Sharkskin 45%, Fleece 12%, Nylon 20%, Windster 10%, Foam 13%.

    Anyone know if thats real sharkskin?? They're machine washable and non iron if that helps.

    Thanks

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Ever seen a wrinkly shark? They are permanent press, and presoaked to prevent shrinkage.

  3. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "casurina99" wrote in message ...

    > A collegue of mine has some gloves for winter riding. The tag says
    > they are Sharkskin 45%, Fleece 12%, Nylon 20%, Windster 10%, Foam 13%.
    >
    > Anyone know if thats real sharkskin?? They're machine washable and non
    > iron if that helps.

    How to they perform in the wet? ;)

    cheers,
    GPL

  4. casurina99

    casurina99 New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2004
    Admirably, but they dont smell any more than the ususal gloves.

    I think its a proprietry name for a nifty fabric, but just wanted to ask the world if thats correct.

  5. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    casurina99 wrote:

    > Admirably, but they dont smell any more than the ususal gloves.
    >
    > I think its a proprietry name for a nifty fabric, but just wanted to
    > ask the world if thats correct.

    Yes sharkskin, but may be made from a horse or a seal.

    Collins
    shagreen (?æ`gri:n) n. 1. the rough skin of certain sharks and rays, used
    as an abrasive.2. a rough grainy leather made from certain animal
    hides.[C17: from French chagrin, from Turkish çagri rump; also associated
    through folk etymology with SHAG1, GREEN]

    MacQuarie
    shagreen

    1. a kind of untanned leather with a granular surface, prepared from the
    skin of the horse, shark, seal, etc.

    2. the rough skin of certain sharks, used as an abrasive.

    [formerly chagrin, from F, from Turk.: the rump of a horse]

    Theo

  6. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    My gloves are 100% pure elephant foreskin and they're awesome.

    LotteBum

  7. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "LotteBum" wrote in message ...

    > My gloves are 100% pure elephant foreskin and they're awesome.
    >
    > LotteBum

    arh geeezzz... do we need a aus.bicycle.uncut? oh wait, uncut.. arh
    geeezz^2....

    cheers,
    GPL

  8. On 2005-07-05, LotteBum <[email protected]> wrote:
    > My gloves are 100% pure elephant foreskin and they're awesome.

    *considers a reply*
    *decides not to go there*

  9. sharkskinbest

    sharkskinbest New Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2012
    Hi, About those shark skin gloves, I do not belive they were made out of genuine shark skin leather.
    Never seen before one of those. But I can get some genuine shark skin gloves soon, since my Company is just creating that
    line to be introduced into the global market in about few days ahead.
    Thanks.