Sharon : The Temple Mount

davidmc said:
So your basing your life on trends :confused: The Hollywood diet was a trend. I base my life on fact's. The fact's are- the majority of world suffering can be directly attributed to the "My god's better than your god" mentality. Here's a couple of extremely good examples-Israel/Palestine(Arab world) & n Ireland(catholic)/england(protestant)It is an insult to the intelligence of man. Any schoolchild can see the correlation, hell any child can see the correlation.

100% correct.

Saucy said:
Yiiikes.

Isn't it amazing that Muslims are labelled as the religious fanatics yet Christians and Jews spew their fundamentalism without impunity?

Without impunity? Have you been reading FredC's responses??????

limerickman said:
Church and State - should not be mixed up.
A person should be able to hold a personal religious belief.
However, the tenets of that belief ought not to be imposed in a secular way and on society in general.

I wouldn't wish the tenets of the Roman Catholic Church to be imposed on other people, through politics.

It happens that Bush's policy on abortion and gay marriage happens - and happens is the most important word in this entire message - to coincide with the Roman Catholic Church doctrine.
However, Bush's Christian values which he espouses, is hypocrisy in my view.
His Christian values appear to be departmentalised : "I oppose abortion but I don't mind murdering thosands of Afghans or Iraqi's".

Bush is a ****ing hypocrit.

Just wait until the Roman Catholic Church takes over the EU. (And remember you heard it here first.)

Trekker2017 said:
Just wait until the Roman Catholic Church takes over the EU. (And remember you heard it here first.)

People in Europe take the separation of Church and State very seriously, exept for a couple of southern european Countries. The other thing is, that most people in european Countries are Protestants. So my guess is, this is not going to happen.

limerickman said:
If the charge of Deicide has been withdrawn at Vatican II - how come I attended Mass which included prayers for the Perfidious Jew and his misguided ways ?
We also had to pray for the conversion of the Soviet Union.

Vatican II in fact commenced before I was born - Vatican II amended a lot of things and removed a lot of things (such as the Tridentine Mass - or Latin Mass).
As a Roman Catholic you should know exactly what is in the Vatican II council. Perhaps you should revisit the final council meeting declarations - Nostra Aetate.

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/v29.html

Stiff Upper Lip said:
People who strap bombs on themselves and blow up civilians in cafes are fanatics. They are acting in a way that devalues human life and creates chaos and death.

You might say that organized governments who wage war are fanatics, but something tells me that we'd just be arguing in circles on this one. When one party is threatened by another, the natural response is to take action against the threat. It is human nature.

I see now, the suicide bombers are fanatics then. So what excuse do the Israelis have for sending up Apache gunships and killing residents in Gaza, which is the biggest concentration camp the world has ever seen?

Trekker2017 said:

I wouldn't advocate the taking over of Europe by the RCC.
How would that make the lives of Protestants and Muslims any better ?
(Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe).

Church and State are separate in this part of the world - and that is only correct and how it should be.

FredC said:
I see now, the suicide bombers are fanatics then. So what excuse do the Israelis have for sending up Apache gunships and killing residents in Gaza, which is the biggest concentration camp the world has ever seen?

I think he gave the answer in his post, it's Human nature!

Bikerman2004 said:
As a Roman Catholic you should know exactly what is in the Vatican II council. Perhaps you should revisit the final council meeting declarations - Nostra Aetate.

Biker - I need to look at that reference that you made.
I have never heard of it.

Trekker2017 said:
I thought that I told you to keep off the LSD and magic mushrooms. These are for earthlings.

FredC said:
Oh yeh, like you don't have capital punshment. Why didn't you turn Pro on the bike when you were younger? Was it the 5 hours a day training? or not enough money races in the states?
That is a good question for "Whitey" :rolleyes: .

FredC said:
I've said before, and I'll say it again, the most precious commodity on earth is clean water. The first areas to blow it will be Californian agriculture, the populations of San Francisco, and the second biggest city San Diego. No use doing rain dances, the indigenous population were systematically murdered a long time ago. Have you checked out Halliburton, possibly Haliburton. The reconstruction of Iraq? Hey listen, you can come and live in Europe anytime. Any chance that the Trekkie might foff to the planet Kraptonite and sell some snake oil and bibles to his non existent clients. Steer 8479473412 Mister Spock to the star God. Sorry Captain, it's not on my coordinates. You're information is corrupted Mister Spock, president Bush says that's his guiding light, and he's never wrong. Sorry Captain I can assure you that there is no God. A universe. Yes. That's enough of that for the moment Mister Spock, I must check out brainwashing.
True, belive it or not, L.A. ( Ca., not Armstrong) used to be a forest w/ streams running through it. Halliburton is currently under investigation for bribes, among other behavior. Heard on the radio that the chickenhawks(bush & co.) have decided to send more soldier's into battle (something they; themselves, were above doing in their youth, or as cheney said he had more important things to do). They, the right leaning one's, can go into battle w/ the solace of knowing they will have their rifles, bibles, and 51% mandate :rolleyes:

limerickman said:
If the charge of Deicide has been withdrawn at Vatican II - how come I attended Mass which included prayers for the Perfidious Jew and his misguided ways ?
We also had to pray for the conversion of the Soviet Union.

Vatican II in fact commenced before I was born - Vatican II amended a lot of things and removed a lot of things (such as the Tridentine Mass - or Latin Mass).

You little monkey Lim. Perfidious Pete indeed (private joke), and you accused me of using words not often used. Does that mean you were praying for me?
I remember the end of the Tridentine Mass, but I must say that narcolepsy took over at mere mention of the words Pope and Vatican and collection plate.

7The days of punishment have come;
The days of recompense have come.
Israel knows!
The prophet is a fool,
The spiritual man is insane,
Because of the greatness of your iniquity and great enmity.
8The watchman of Ephraim is with my God;
But the prophet is a fowler's[1] snare in all his ways--
Enmity in the house of his God.
9They are deeply corrupted,
As in the days of Gibeah.
He will remember their iniquity;
He will punish their sins.

Bikerman2004 said:

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/v29.html

This is a first for me.
Read the link and indeed the Nostra Aetate of 1965 declares that the Jewish people are not to be blamed for the charge of Deicide - as disussed at Vatican II.

The original charge against the Jewish people comes from the New Testament :
Matthew Chapter 27 - Verse 15-26 is explicit : Verse 6,12 and 20 are
explicit.

1 2 When it was morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death.
They bound him, led him away, and handed him over to Pilate, the governor.
Then Judas, his betrayer, seeing that Jesus had been condemned, deeply regretted what he had done. He returned the thirty pieces of silver 3 to the chief priests and elders,
saying, "I have sinned in betraying innocent blood." They said, "What is that to us? Look to it yourself."
4 Flinging the money into the temple, he departed and went off and hanged himself.
The chief priests gathered up the money, but said, "It is not lawful to deposit this in the temple treasury, for it is the price of blood."
After consultation, they used it to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners.
That is why that field even today is called the Field of Blood.
Then was fulfilled what had been said through Jeremiah the prophet, 5 "And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the value of a man with a price on his head, a price set by some of the Israelites,
and they paid it out for the potter's field just as the Lord had commanded me."
Now Jesus stood before the governor, and he questioned him, "Are you the king of the Jews?" 6 Jesus said, "You say so."
And when he was accused by the chief priests and elders, 7 he made no answer.
Then Pilate said to him, "Do you not hear how many things they are testifying against you?"
But he did not answer him one word, so that the governor was greatly amazed.
8 Now on the occasion of the feast the governor was accustomed to release to the crowd one prisoner whom they wished.
9 And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called (Jesus) Barabbas.
So when they had assembled, Pilate said to them, "Which one do you want me to release to you, (Jesus) Barabbas, or Jesus called Messiah?"
10 For he knew that it was out of envy that they had handed him over.
11 While he was still seated on the bench, his wife sent him a message, "Have nothing to do with that righteous man. I suffered much in a dream today because of him."
The chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowds to ask for Barabbas but to destroy Jesus.
The governor said to them in reply, "Which of the two do you want me to release to you?" They answered, "Barabbas!"
12 Pilate said to them, "Then what shall I do with Jesus called Messiah?" They all said, "Let him be crucified!"
But he said, "Why? What evil has he done?" They only shouted the louder, "Let him be crucified!"
13 When Pilate saw that he was not succeeding at all, but that a riot was breaking out instead, he took water and washed his hands in the sight of the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood. Look to it yourselves."
And the whole people said in reply, "His blood be upon us and upon our children."

Vatican II says that although the the account is clear (as above), that RC's
are required not to attribute blame for the charge of Deicide, to the Jewish people.

mochitwee said:
7The days of punishment have come;
The days of recompense have come.
Israel knows!
The prophet is a fool,
The spiritual man is insane,
Because of the greatness of your iniquity and great enmity.
8The watchman of Ephraim is with my God;
But the prophet is a fowler's[1] snare in all his ways--
Enmity in the house of his God.
9They are deeply corrupted,
As in the days of Gibeah.
He will remember their iniquity;
He will punish their sins.

Have you just been round to see Trekkie?

limerickman said:
This is a first for me.
Read the link and indeed the Nostra Aetate of 1965 declares that the Jewish people are not to be blamed for the charge of Deicide - as disussed at Vatican II.

The original charge against the Jewish people comes from the New Testament :
Matthew Chapter 27 - Verse 15-26 is explicit : Verse 6,12 and 20 are
explicit.

1 2 When it was morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death.
They bound him, led him away, and handed him over to Pilate, the governor.
Then Judas, his betrayer, seeing that Jesus had been condemned, deeply regretted what he had done. He returned the thirty pieces of silver 3 to the chief priests and elders,
saying, "I have sinned in betraying innocent blood." They said, "What is that to us? Look to it yourself."
4 Flinging the money into the temple, he departed and went off and hanged himself.
The chief priests gathered up the money, but said, "It is not lawful to deposit this in the temple treasury, for it is the price of blood."
After consultation, they used it to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners.
That is why that field even today is called the Field of Blood.
Then was fulfilled what had been said through Jeremiah the prophet, 5 "And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the value of a man with a price on his head, a price set by some of the Israelites,
and they paid it out for the potter's field just as the Lord had commanded me."
Now Jesus stood before the governor, and he questioned him, "Are you the king of the Jews?" 6 Jesus said, "You say so."
And when he was accused by the chief priests and elders, 7 he made no answer.
Then Pilate said to him, "Do you not hear how many things they are testifying against you?"
But he did not answer him one word, so that the governor was greatly amazed.
8 Now on the occasion of the feast the governor was accustomed to release to the crowd one prisoner whom they wished.
9 And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called (Jesus) Barabbas.
So when they had assembled, Pilate said to them, "Which one do you want me to release to you, (Jesus) Barabbas, or Jesus called Messiah?"
10 For he knew that it was out of envy that they had handed him over.
11 While he was still seated on the bench, his wife sent him a message, "Have nothing to do with that righteous man. I suffered much in a dream today because of him."
The chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowds to ask for Barabbas but to destroy Jesus.
The governor said to them in reply, "Which of the two do you want me to release to you?" They answered, "Barabbas!"
12 Pilate said to them, "Then what shall I do with Jesus called Messiah?" They all said, "Let him be crucified!"
But he said, "Why? What evil has he done?" They only shouted the louder, "Let him be crucified!"
13 When Pilate saw that he was not succeeding at all, but that a riot was breaking out instead, he took water and washed his hands in the sight of the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood. Look to it yourselves."
And the whole people said in reply, "His blood be upon us and upon our children."

Vatican II says that although the the account is clear (as above), that RC's
are required not to attribute blame for the charge of Deicide, to the Jewish people.

That's a very nice story Lim, and should script up into a film, but for the life of me, what has the Pope ever done for world peace? Nothing. Keep all religions out of politics, things will be resolved if human beings are treated without the overtone of some mythical figment of imagination being involved, yet not taking part.

fixit said:
People in Europe take the separation of Church and State very seriously, exept for a couple of southern european Countries. The other thing is, that most people in european Countries are Protestants. So my guess is, this is not going to happen.

To prove your point to the Goddists in the United Shithouse of Americans, how about this one. A Norwegian vicar was recently critisised by politicians for thanking God after his team won a big game. Are you reading this George?

FredC said:
That's a very nice story Lim, and should script up into a film, but for the life of me, what has the Pope ever done for world peace? Nothing. Keep all religions out of politics, things will be resolved if human beings are treated without the overtone of some mythical figment of imagination being involved, yet not taking part.

we need to leave the theological question for another time, Fred C.

Fruitless task.
Cannot persuade people via this forum, anyhow.

FredC said:
I beleive we are agreed on this point. Granted those books are interesting but don't warrant life & death, such as the martyr's in fallujah, nor do they warrant a gov't model outside of a theocracy. The catholic church is the largest charity in the world but, look at the recent goings on that have essentially bankrupted them. One catholic church, in the US, declared bankruptcy so as to avoid paying for past wrongdoing's in a court of law. Absolute power corrupt's & religion is absolute power. Notwithstanding, the 10 commandments are commendable but not so complicated that a mortal could'nt think them up; given an hour or so.