Shaun Wallace in the news

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> WADA is looking into banning simulated altitude chambers? What's next?

I thought this part of Pound's statement had interesting implications: "if
the rooms eventually were banned, athletes who used them would not be
subject to retroactive punishment."

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> WADA is looking into banning simulated altitude chambers? What's next?

Placebos (many of the stuff they currently ban are placebos for all
intents and purposes anyway).

Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:

>> WADA is looking into banning simulated altitude chambers? What's next?

> I thought this part of Pound's statement had interesting implications: "if
> the rooms eventually were banned, athletes who used them would not be
> subject to retroactive punishment."

I can't wait to hear how he would test for this.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> WADA is looking into banning simulated altitude chambers? What's next?

>> I thought this part of Pound's statement had interesting implications:
>> "if
>> the rooms eventually were banned, athletes who used them would not be
>> subject to retroactive punishment."

> I can't wait to hear how he would test for this.

Interrogation in a French police station for 48 hours?

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:55:37 -0000, Bob Schwartz

<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Building altitude rooms for speed skaters.
> >
> >http://www.jsonline.com/sports/etc/dec04/284869.asp
> >

> WADA is looking into banning simulated altitude chambers? What's

next?

Dumbass -

$155,000 for a room?

That seems excessive. All you'd have to do to make one of those rooms
is put a lot of paint on the walls and ceiling and floor, caulk the
seams between them, use a lot of weather stripping for the door, then
run one of those oxygen separating units, except the oxygen gets
diverted outside the room.

If I was still racing and still owned my house, I'd have converted my
bedroom. It wouldn't be *that* expensive - the main cost would be
getting the oxygen separation equipment which would cost in the single
digit thousands.

Good for Shaun - his bank balance must be a lot fatter these days.
K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> $155,000 for a room?

> That seems excessive. All you'd have to do to make one of those rooms
> is put a lot of paint on the walls and ceiling and floor, caulk the
> seams between them, use a lot of weather stripping for the door, then
> run one of those oxygen separating units, except the oxygen gets
> diverted outside the room.

Six rooms, with a max occupancy of 24 people. So I am guessing there
are other remodeling expenses involved and multiple CAT units.

Shaun mentions incorporating daily naps at the top of Pike's Peak
into his past training regimen. That must have been interesting.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> Good for Shaun - his bank balance must be a lot fatter these days.

I think he's missing the boat. What he needs to do is figure out
how to seal a room well enough to run a vacuum pump and lower
atmospheric pressure. Then convince people that the reduced air
pressure enhances erections. Sort of like using a peter pump but
without the need for a rubber band.

The money flows from there.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

From "Robert Chung":

>I thought this part of Pound's statement had interesting implications: "if
>the rooms eventually were banned, athletes who used them would not be
>subject to retroactive punishment."

Marion Jones for her apt (IMHO) remarks about a "secret kangaroo court"?

CBC sports:

<Pound explained that the International Olympic Committee's three-year statute
of limitations wouldn't apply in Jones's case because the allegations are just
surfacing now.>

Well, previously he said that his 8-year rule trumped the IOC (IMS) 3-year
rule. "By hook or by crook"? --TP

On 17 Dec 2004 08:24:46 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:55:37 -0000, Bob Schwartz

><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Building altitude rooms for speed skaters.
>> >
>> >http://www.jsonline.com/sports/etc/dec04/284869.asp
>> >

>> WADA is looking into banning simulated altitude chambers? What's

>next?
>

>Dumbass -
>
>$155,000 for a room?
>
>That seems excessive. All you'd have to do to make one of those rooms
>is put a lot of paint on the walls and ceiling and floor, caulk the
>seams between them, use a lot of weather stripping for the door, then
>run one of those oxygen separating units, except the oxygen gets
>diverted outside the room.
>
>If I was still racing and still owned my house, I'd have converted my
>bedroom. It wouldn't be *that* expensive - the main cost would be
>getting the oxygen separation equipment which would cost in the single
>digit thousands.
>
>Good for Shaun - his bank balance must be a lot fatter these days.
>K. Gringioni.

Chris Boardman did pretty much this in his house - sealed up the
windows, taped round the doors and put mattresses up against them.
Don't think it cost $155k...

Regards!
Stephen

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:55:37 -0000, Bob Schwartz

> <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Building altitude rooms for speed skaters.
> > >
> > >http://www.jsonline.com/sports/etc/dec04/284869.asp
> > >

> > WADA is looking into banning simulated altitude chambers? What's

> next?
>

> Dumbass -
>
> $155,000 for a room?
>
> That seems excessive. All you'd have to do to make one of those rooms
> is put a lot of paint on the walls and ceiling and floor, caulk the
> seams between them, use a lot of weather stripping for the door, then
> run one of those oxygen separating units, except the oxygen gets
> diverted outside the room.
>
> If I was still racing and still owned my house, I'd have converted my
> bedroom. It wouldn't be *that* expensive - the main cost would be
> getting the oxygen separation equipment which would cost in the

single
> digit thousands.
>
> Good for Shaun - his bank balance must be a lot fatter these days.
> K. Gringioni.

dumbass,

maybe you should get off your ass and make some chang chambers for your
local fatties and get a piece of that pie.

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:55:37 -0000, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Building altitude rooms for speed skaters.
> >
> >http://www.jsonline.com/sports/etc/dec04/284869.asp
> >

> WADA is looking into banning simulated altitude chambers? What's next?

WADA will never ban such systems because there is no way to distinguish
between someone using an altitude room or simply moving to
Colorado/Arizona/New Mexico to live at altitude in order to gain a
performance-enhancing effect.

When WADA outlaws alitude tents, they will also outlaw living in Boulder,
Colo.

Phil

"Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Chris Boardman did pretty much this in his house - sealed up the
> windows, taped round the doors and put mattresses up against them.
> Don't think it cost $155k...

And the mattresses served what purpose, exactly?

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I think he's missing the boat. What he needs to do is figure out
> how to seal a room well enough to run a vacuum pump and lower
> atmospheric pressure. Then convince people that the reduced air
> pressure enhances erections. Sort of like using a peter pump but
> without the need for a rubber band.

That you have even thought of this is disquieting.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:47:25 -0600, Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> Chris Boardman did pretty much this in his house - sealed up the
>> windows, taped round the doors and put mattresses up against them.
>> Don't think it cost $155k...

> And the mattresses served what purpose, exactly?

To keep him from hurting himself after 24h in a sealed room.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > I think he's missing the boat. What he needs to do is figure out
> > how to seal a room well enough to run a vacuum pump and lower
> > atmospheric pressure. Then convince people that the reduced air
> > pressure enhances erections. Sort of like using a peter pump but
> > without the need for a rubber band.
> >

> That you have even thought of this is disquieting.

nope, makes perfect sense to me. see, bob has recently been
"researching" for that nude skiing photo he promised me, (as
cold=shrinkage, or so i've been told, ), so the subject was already on
his mind...

heather

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> If I was still racing and still owned my house

so where are you living now?

heather