shave in the winter?

vio765

Jan 20, 2005
do you shave your legs in the winter? even if wearing tights? this would probably apply to those that live in the colder areas.

vio765 said:
do you shave your legs in the winter? even if wearing tights? this would probably apply to those that live in the colder areas.
I still do, but not as often. If I let it grow out to full length it will take me hours to shave it all off again!

Shaving really isn't necessary at all. I more or less just shave when I feel like it and before races...It kind of mentally prepares me somehow and If I crash in a race it makes things easier to clean. In the summer I shave all the time because I am not wearing leg warmers and it helps you "fit in" to the cycling crowd. In the winter when I am wearing leg warmers I dont shave if i dont have races, I find it hard to crash on training rides. No one can see my hairy legs anyway on the bike and atleast I can walk down the street without girls legs ;) .

Yes, for the purpose of massages. I get one once a month whether I need it or well... I always think I need it. Easier to just shave once a week to keep it easy.

I do, mainly because I like how it feels, but also because without leg hair, my tights tend to stay put better. Lycra really slides around a lot when you're hairy, you'd be surprised how much easier it is to keep leg warmers and tights in place when you're shaved. :)

I shave all year around first because it takes to much time to shave longer hairs and it makes my massages much more enjoyable. i even tried laser removal but but my tree trunks just would not die after two sessions perhaps 50% was successfully removed.

vio765 said:

yes - my swimming picks up in the winter and typically more gets shaved... go figure

HR

vio765 said:
i think uz are all a bit nuts to shave your legs like!!! if u cant take something like that ur not gonna win the tour de france or make it big. i live in ireland like and i dont shave my legs..... bit gay no?

Too damn cold. Pretty soon, it'll be between -10 and -20 C, even during the daytime here :eek: I start shaving again in late March, when we can ride outside on the roads again (gotta wait for the ice to melt!). That typically involves using the clippers first to get through the jungle, then I shave once a week with a razor until the following November again.
Also, it's cool to finally see what the legs look like after months of efforts on the trainer and in the weightroom...sorta like unwrapping your Christmas presents! :D

meandmybike said:
Dude, that's just GAY! :D
===========================================================
It sure is "GAY" - may be there is more than one GAY in the forums:)