Shaved or unshaved?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by firegooroo, Dec 22, 2003.

1. firegooroo

firegooroo New Member

The question I bring to you today is whether or not you are a shaver or a non shaver?

Its interesting to see cyclist both on the road and on the trails that debat the issue. I have heard all sorts of reasons why people shave and why the don't.

Tell my why you shave and how you think its important to you.

In addition what got you started in shaving or why haven't you started shaving.

and sorry ladies, this happens to be a male poll, but if you would like to answer just the same you are very much welcomed.

Tags:

2. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

I do regularly shaved my legs, it started out when I was a gym buff and saw that most guys do shave and oil they're legs to make them smooth and shiny accentuating the muscle tone and curves.

It's important to me, I'm living in a hot tropical country and when cycling it's easier and faster to clean myself of dirt and grime.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Next time, you have to make it clear on what part of the body you are talking about shaving, okay? Kidding aside, shaving is no big deal here because the culture is not conscious of body hair. Some women I know have hair on their arms and legs but it didn't matter much when they wear shorts. For the men, I haven't heard of one who is shaving because it is common to see a guy with hairy legs. As I said, no big deal.

4. treecko142

treecko142 Member

I don't shave and don't really feel any difference in performance/ injury-wise, but I'm a casual biker so it depends on how often you'll be biking I guess and how intense your route will be.

5. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

I'm someone that has got the attitude of shaving my legs and my head when I ride and the reason is because I always feel discomfort, if I happen not to do so. The peace I feel when I shave is just the reason why I do so and not about any other big reason you can think of.