Shaved?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Luke Schierts, Sep 6, 2006.

1. UNF_Chaz

UNF_Chaz New Member

You'll be 10 times cooler in everyones eyes.

Kidding.

There really is no difference in "temperature" when riding. I like the feeling though of having the wind hitting your bare naked legs though. In my oppinion, in South Florida, every little thing will make a difference in the 90 degree weather with 100% humidity. I basically shave my entire body with expection to my arms. The reason(s) why I do it, is because; it looks damn good, about 5% of the girls dont like it and the other 95% love it, and the bare naked feeling of having the wind hit them. I always like trying new things, and that is another reason why I did it. You can always try and if you dont like it... hair will grow back.

2. Lucy_Aspenwind

Lucy_Aspenwind New Member

Now the Chaz man here is really on to something [​IMG]

3. fastcat

fastcat New Member

Which bit of the sentence are you referring to Lucy ?

If its the 95% part, are you recommending that all us blokes should rush to the bathroom to shave ourselves top to toe (excluding our arms!), so the girls will love it ?:eek:

4. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Hi Lucy, what hair do you like the guy to get rid off and what do you like them to leave on? Cheers Mike.

5. Lucy_Aspenwind

Heh...mate, I'm not recommending you do anything, tis your prerogative. :)

I'll tell you this though me lad, what I don't like in myself, I don't like on others....i.e...body hair. Add to that the simple fact that if anyone expects something of me, then they best be prepared to do the same! ;)

Mike, in simple words.....less is more!

Arm hair is fine though torso & lower-body hair doesn't fly with me. :rolleyes:

I nearly gag when I hear these 'bears' on the beach (or anywhere else) talking about what they expect in a woman, physically. Newsflash - it ain't happening with me :D

6. fastcat

fastcat New Member

That's a fine sentiment, and one I agree with, in general. But, I think I'll leave the razor in the cupboard and rest on the admittedly tenuous argument that as I don't actually expect it of my wife (instead, thankfully, it happens anyway) that it would not be fair of her to expect it of me.;)

Hmmm.... that looks even more tenuous in print than it sounded in my head. Now, where did I leave that razor? :D

7. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Hey insn't it body hair that separates the real men from the boys! :D

So you recon that waxed legs on a guy looks cool ?

8. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

Especially after you've popped a few ingrowns....:eek:

9. Lucy_Aspenwind

Heh....exfoliate, exfoliate, ahem, exfoliate. This is basic skin care stuff :)

Ha! I'd say a lot separates boys from men, but then there are so many of the former...:rolleyes:

Do I think waxed legs on a guy look cool?

Put it this way - you think I'd rather see an overgrown, bushy pair of stumps for legs or a pair of rippling, smooth calf muscles?

Do YOU want to cozy up with the missus and her pair of hairy legs?

I recommend help or glasses for any who can't guess the answers! :D

10. DM4

DM4 New Member

Gotta shave:

1) The reduction of infection agrument is valid.
    2) It does indeed make massage much easier.
    3) Removing bandages is much easier.
    3) I have yet to find a girl who does not find it sexy.
    4) My smooth legs against my wife's smooth legs feels incredible.
    5) The less hair you have the higher you've climbed on the evolutionary ladder (no one really wants to look like an ape).
    6) Shaving is synonymous with competitive cycling.
    7) I own stock in Gillette.

11. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

LOL. I hear apes are still years away from their first working razor prototype, and we're already up to *5 blades*! (and a lubriderm strip or two) :D

Wait, does shaving/waxing move someone up the ladder, or is it the amount of body-hair they grow naturally? ;)

12. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

I know all that but it didn't matter what I did, upper legs in particular were a problem (when they were waxed) until I went back to shaving.

13. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

So its the metrosexual look ah! Gay in every way except sexual orentation.

I'm booking my visit to the beautician for the full body wax. Now there is no need to go to the hellfire club, I've got more time for training.

BTW, you know its good luck for the boys not to shave when they race. Well the girls can go european, to get their dose of luck.

14. Lucy_Aspenwind

That's too bad Alex. Shaving can produce plenty of ingrowns but if that method works better for you then go for it....

I haven't used a razor on my legs since I was, hmmmm, 17! [​IMG]

15. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

In 2003 ?

16. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Hey Lucy, did you hear the story about the hairy prince and the beautician.

Once upon a time there was beautician who was swept off her feet by a hansome prince. On their wedding night the beautician discovered, not a prince, but a bear. The beautician unlocked the prince from the bear and they lived happily ever after.

17. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

I've only tried shaving the front calf of one leg when I was 18 - for cycling. It felt stupid and I've never done it again.

Parts of my legs have only ever been shaved for TATTOOS. My wife likes them...or so she says:eek:

I'm 44. I've been racing since I was 17 - on and off and have NEVER CRASHED. Of which I'm very thankfully:) so the bandages/infection thing has no meaning for me.

I never have massages either.

So, as I'm not particulary hairy, I tan up ok and it's not too hot here - I'm staying away from the razor.
    Paul :)

18. DM4

DM4 New Member

How the hell do you race for 27 years and not crash!!! We are talking USCF and USACycling organized events,right? I have been racing many years (Junior, Senior cat.3 & 2, now Master) and have crashed many times. If you are aggressive and competitive you will get caught up in crashes.

No massages......???

19. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

============================================================
    Hi. Yep, it does seem unlikely - but true:) .
    I did say that I'd race on/off - not all of those years.
    17 - 24 I was all go then in the last 4/5 racing again. A few in between those years a bit too.
    Only club events and organised fun(still competitive) rides too.
    I'm not particularly competitive(i.e. I not a win at all costs guy) and usually not in the big sprint finsihes etc and avoid danerous looking riders/situations - so tend to keep out of trouble too.
    I've had guys crash off around me - but I've avoided them/been lucky.
    Long may it remain;)
    Ironically I've worn a hard shell helmet way before we needed to for racing and I've worn it for years before they were required training/on the road too.

I'm in New Zealand - so not USCF and USACycling organized events.
    Most races are well organised but the roads are often not up to race standards - they're ok(we are a civilised western country) but could be better. The club I race with at the moment doesn't even bother to sweep corners before the race - which annoys me.

20. K50

K50 New Member

Yeah I can't wait until 2010. By then we should be up to the 100 blade Gillette mach 9 million, with a 1 blade precision blade for the tough to reach areas. I hate that company. $25 for four replacement cartridges.

But yeah, I shave too. I'm half british, so I have the hairy ass genes... I don't race road, but XC, and I gotta say it's WAY easier to clean off my legs after a race or ride with shaved legs. If I don't shave, I get clumps of dirt stuck to my hair and it's not fun to rip off. Shaved makes it easier because it all just wipes off. It's way easier! Plus, all the dinks who make fun of me for wearing spandex have nothing on me because my legs have way more definition and power than their 'manly' hairy legs. Plus, I'm not the 17yo highschool kid that's wearing girl's jeans riding a skateboard.