Shaved?

Originally Posted by David Gerchman .

um, have you people never had road rash before.....
Hmmmm, since there hasn't been any activity on this thread in nearly five years you probably won't get a reply from those rashless folks ;)

Originally Posted by David Gerchman .

um, have you people never had road rash before. I have ridden quads, dirt bikes, go peds, scooters, and crotch rockets. I have had plenty of road rash. never once did my fur impede any of it. When I see another guy with road rash I am like, "pro crash man". who are you guys so uptight about it?
You got that one backwards, it's the uptight ones who don't shave their legs. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Shaving can help you a lot in case you get on a bike accident and you wound yourself. There are bandages that are very hard to pull out after 2 hours of using it because of the hairy part surrounding the wound. And that really hurts. Your hair could also infect the wound as your hair collects dust and such and could irritate the place surrounding your wound.

Just wondering how much of a difference shaving your legs makes? Does it really cut wind resistance? is it much cooler? does anyone shave their arms too? I shave my head (for looks not speed) & I know it is much cooler in the summer. But I'm not sure about having shaved legs. Anyone have any input.
thanks

When I came too a year and a half after my concussion the hair on my legs was like a Yeti. I could actually tuck it into my socks.

When I shaved that off there was a substantial reduction of drag - quite noticeable. I did not notice my legs being any cooler with the loss of hair.

Presently my leg hair has returned to normal and sooner or later I will shave it off again.

Just wondering how much of a difference shaving your legs makes? Does it really cut wind resistance? is it much cooler? does anyone shave their arms too? I shave my head (for looks not speed) & I know it is much cooler in the summer. But I'm not sure about having shaved legs. Anyone have any input.
thanks

I don't think it affects wind resistance but shaving extra hair in your legs does makes me feel cooler and fresher. Plus my girl thinks it's sexy hahaha. I let her shave mine and she lets me shave hers.

I don't shave either my legs or the arms when I ride for this is just the way that I want to feel when I ride. I don't enjoy shaving the legs and arms that much for I always have scratching whenever I shave my legs.

for me- shaving is yes, incase of a crash. but also- its cooler in the hot summer...

and cleaner- your sweaty hair doesnt clump with up the road grime.

rode next to a guy last long ride along the beach. started raining early but then it cleared up and got hot and bright....

all the sand/grit/**** from the wet road started to mud cake into his leg hair in the hot sun.

REALLY NICE!

:eek:

Probably, it is because of the weather condition in your area for I don't feel uncomfortable when I don't shave. I always want to leave my hairs just the way that they are for it makes my legs sexy and attractive to look at.

Hey! I totally get what you're saying about leaving your hair as is when cycling. It's all about personal preference, right? I think it's great that you feel confident and comfortable rocking your natural look. Plus, who knows, it might even give you some extra aerodynamic powers out on the road!

But you mentioned feeling uncomfortable when you don't shave. Have you tried any alternatives to shaving, like using creams or lotions to reduce any potential discomfort? It might be worth exploring different options to find what works best for you.

Ultimately, the most important thing is that you enjoy your rides and feel good about yourself. Whether you choose to shave or not, as long as you're having fun and staying safe on your bike, that's what really matters. So keep pedaling and keep being awesome! ‍♀️

If you have any other questions or need some tips, feel free to ask. I'm here to help!