Shaving legs

Charles Huthmaker

Guest
Hey all,

Ok, it's time to bite the bullet and shave the legs. As a newbie, this is a
new experience! The question I have for the guys out there is should I
shave or does Nair work?

Any other pointers are greatly appreciated.

Let the jokes begin :)

Charles

Charles,

Don't use Nair dude. Get a set of electric hair clippers. The ones you use
to give someone a haircut. You can pick up a set of cordless ones at
Wal-Mart for 20 bucks. Use those to get the hair down to about an 1/8 of an
inch. If you're not happy at that point, pull out the razor and finish
what's left. Trying to bury a razor through full grown hairy legs is a pain
in the ass. I don't even touch the razor until it's really close to race
days and I just use the electric hair clippers since it does such a good job
and leaves just enough so that there's no burn or itching.

Good Luck,

Aaron

"Charles Huthmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey all,
>
> Ok, it's time to bite the bullet and shave the legs. As a newbie, this is

> new experience! The question I have for the guys out there is should I
> shave or does Nair work?
>
> Any other pointers are greatly appreciated.
>
> Let the jokes begin :)
>
> Charles

LOL, I did it a few years ago. It looked too funny have clean legs and
a hairy chest, so I no longer shave them.

I used Nair, smelled funny and I think it takes off skin too.

In article <[email protected]>,
"MK" <[email protected]> wrote:

> LOL, I did it a few years ago. It looked too funny have clean legs and
> a hairy chest, so I no longer shave them.
>
> I used Nair, smelled funny and I think it takes off skin too.

If you have a wetsuit, does it even make sense to shave your legs? I
guess if you're concerned about road rash on the bike it might be
worthwhile.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson

Long ago this thread came up here and we decided that real triathletes use a
Blow Torch.

IMKen wrote:
> Long ago this thread came up here and we decided that real

triathletes use a
> Blow Torch.
>

> "Charles Huthmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Ok, it's time to bite the bullet and shave the legs. As a newbie,

this is
> > a new experience! The question I have for the guys out there is

should I
> > shave or does Nair work?
> >
> > Any other pointers are greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Let the jokes begin :)
> >
> > Charles

Forks are good too. Don't skimp on the (3M) Fast-Tack.

rsquared

"IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Long ago this thread came up here and we decided that real triathletes
> use a Blow Torch.

Hi Ken,

I could've sworn that after a heated discussion, we all settled on a belt
sander...

Tom

Yep, the belt sander was right up near the top of the list but it is hard to
get in between the cheeks.

"Tom Henderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> Long ago this thread came up here and we decided that real triathletes
>> use a Blow Torch.
>>

> Hi Ken,
>
> I could've sworn that after a heated discussion, we all settled on a belt
> sander...
>
> Tom

In article <[email protected]>,
"IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yep, the belt sander was right up near the top of the list but it is hard to
> get in between the cheeks.

You use a disc sander for that part.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson

i am literally laughing out loud sitting at my computer. thanks for
the laughs on my rest day.

Charles,

Several have mentioned clippers - definitely do that first. Use shaving
cream and a new razor.

Should you do it? It is a tradition. It also makes a massage feel much
better.

Alan.

Alan Walker wrote:
> Charles,
>
> Several have mentioned clippers - definitely do that first. Use shaving
> cream and a new razor.

Yep, I'll second that. Lovely-jubbly.

--
Mark

Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before

an electric buzzer works great... gets the hair "short enough", and
wont cut ya or get your skin all dried out.