Shaving legs?

Mart

May 13, 2004
What are the benefits of having smooth shaved legs. Is it only for massage purposes?

Possibility the biggest advantage is that you don't have hair to deal with in the event of road dash.

You also don't have the hair tickling you as you ride. :)

Originally posted by Mart
What are the benefits of having smooth shaved legs. Is it only for massage purposes?

Having no hair on the legs does help the masseur when massaging.
But as ajcoles said it hurts a little less if you end up bouncing along the road after a crash.

You don't have hairs getting ripped out of your leg as you bounce!
Also its easier to clean the wound.

looks cool, AND feels cool especially in the sack (or if a hot chick has her hands on them)

Originally posted by drewjc
looks cool, AND feels cool especially in the sack (or if a hot chick has her hands on them)

Of course, hot chicks don't have hairy legs to start with, so we get a headstart on this, and no hangups about having them that way either ;-)

Velvet said:
Of course, hot chicks don't have hairy legs to start with, so we get a headstart on this, and no hangups about having them that way either ;-)

i'm supposed to shave my legs?????????????? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Shaving helps with massage, skin heals faster, looks cool and is a great conversation starter. I always want to talk about cycling so when people ask why I shave they better be prepared for the full on conversation!

caligurl said:
i'm supposed to shave my legs?????????????? :confused: :eek: :confused:

LOL!!! :D Well each to their own ;) I hate waxing, and this is a damn sight quicker than all that faff I find...

birdman23 said:
Shaving helps with massage, skin heals faster, looks cool and is a great conversation starter. I always want to talk about cycling so when people ask why I shave they better be prepared for the full on conversation!

i totally agree.

I'm "fortunate" I have VERY little hair on my legs. Most women would kill for it! LOL I've been asked several times if I shave my legs. Nope--God given. I suppose it may have something to do with some Asian blood, but I don't know for sure?

Velvet said:
Please post pics so we understand what you're talking about.

WINGNUTT said:
Please post pics so we understand what you're talking about.

LOL, no, I think I'd rather leave it to your imagination :p Besides, I don't want drool on my lycra ;)

One great advantage: The combination of sweat, sun protection lotion, dust and sand if your off road or car fumes if you on road (here it's both almost anywhere you go:( ), creates an irritating mixture which sticks to you hair. If you don't have any it sticks less and easier to remove. Besides, it feels cool:cool: .