Shaving the legs?

bazz

Jul 6, 2005
Probably a dumb question, and probably info is on this site somewhere where I cant find it, but what is the reason that many cyclists shave their legs?

a few reasons why cyclist shave their legs

1) it is easier to have a leg massage when ur legs are shaved
2) when u fall, ur cuts and rashes have less of a chance of getting infected
3) cyclist are like brothers, shaving ur legs is part of being in the brotherhood.

bazz said:
Probably a dumb question, and probably info is on this site somewhere where I cant find it, but what is the reason that many cyclists shave their legs?
1) so they look better in pantyhose.
2) easier to clean the dirt/asphalt/gravel bits from the skin after a crash, which promotes faster healing.

Don't mean to be rude, but it's been discussed a million times here...

Aerodynamics
Less crash damage
Faster healing
Easier to massage
Better tan
Feels good
Easier to stay clean (MTB mostly)
Sweat evaporation
Conformity...

VANITY!

Did I miss any?

friedmikey said:
Conformity...

VANITY!

Did I miss any?
Those are the two most important if people are honest with themselves...

FWIW I used to shave, but quit because it was too much of a PITA. It took a little while to get used to it, but I found there is a bit of a psychological advantage in it. I race, and train with other racers so usually I am the only hairy monster there... I really think guys that don't know me think I am a putz and get totally psyched out when they can't drop me, or even worse when they can't hold my wheel... make sure to tell everyone you quit riding, are just getting back into it, and this is the first time you have been out in a week or so just to put some salt in the wound. :D

Well, if you have to shave your legs do you use a womens leg razor or can you use a man's face razor? Also do you use shaving creme?

JTE83 said:
Well, if you have to shave your legs do you use a womens leg razor or can you use a man's face razor? Also do you use shaving creme?

1. either.
2. Yes....or some kind of shaving oil. No more need for razor burn on your legs than on your face.

Get Hollentour on DVD. Exactly like Rolf Aldag doing it in the shower in his hotel room.

zaskar said:
I hope your a female with a name Ryan!
NO actually I am a guy. I say it is damn sexy because all of the females I know think it's hella sexy. So don't get the wrong idea bud!