Shaving the Legs

I wouldn't say that it "looks good" in that it is something to aim for, however I don't think I'd really notice that much either way, so it can't possibly look all that bad, either. I do think that it makes small differences in speed if you have smooth legs, however unless you're riding in the olympics or something like that I can't imagine why it would matter enough to bother shaving your legs. It grows back too quickly anyway so you would really have to keep on top of it. Ultimately, if you want to shave your legs, just go for it. You don't have to worry about what other people think, because it is quite frankly none of their business, and you can do whatever you like when you're cycling.

I don't see anything wrong in that, but personally if I was a man I would think that it's worthless, and that it doesn't look GOOD.

I think as long as they want to, why not? Regardless of the effects in speed, it's their body, their choice. I'm okay with my man not shaving his legs, or if he wants to shave his legs, that is fine too. I think shaved legs on girls look good because we are used to girls as being hairless lol. And on men, well the assumption is hair is sexy. Society really has a hold on our thoughts and ideas.

This is actually something I've never thought of before, though I'm sure that some of the more serious guys I ride with do it. I guess that means I don't really notice either way. The most I might think would be wondering whether the person felt like it actually affected their ride, since most casual cyclists don't ride at a level where that small of a change would make a real difference.

Honestly, most people out there are preoccupied with their own insecurities and don't really notice the little things about other people unless it's pointed out. If it makes you more comfortable you should go for it, it's not uncommon for guys who practice certain sports to shave their legs so most people have seen it before anyway.

I would like to join to the last person before me. Don't shave because you are a woman, or not a woman, don't shave because other people are telling you to do so. Shave if you feel like shaving whether it's cycling, walking, or just being.

I do not appreciate the shaved legs look. At all. I understand why they do it, but to me personally it is not attractive. But that's ok because I'm sure they are attractive to other people. If you are a male and want to shave, then I say go for it!! It's just not a look I am personally attracted too. I like my hairy men.

Beside all the reasons and excuses that men try to find so they could shave their legs (and trust me, many of them do find a lot of excuses), I think it is just too funny. I mean, I like to see a man be a man, at least to see that on his legs, if possible. :D
I am not saying I love all hair and men looking like apes, but legs..I like some hair on men's legs. That is just me, however. Many women prefer men who are completely shaved, just as many men prefered when women are hairs free.
I believe social media and fashion industries have to earn their money one way or the other. It was not enough for them to make women doubt themselves and feel embarrased for having hair on their legs, then under armpits,etc.; now, they are doing the same with men. :)

It's not my preference but if they like it, why not right? It's their body so it should be their decision.

If you have worked hard in training, you want to display the fruits of your labors for all to see. No one can see your toned muscles if they’re hidden under a layer of hair. This could be construed as vanity, but in competitive sport, the feel-good factor is an important element of the “success cycle.”

I do prefer the men who shave their legs, and in general any part of the body that potentially has hair such as their arms for example. Even when it comes to a haircut, I prefer the ones that have short shaved hair.

I don't like hairy men. Not even too much hair on the head. A little hair is okay though. When I feel lazy I shave my legs up to where all of my shorts would stop. So, I'm not that much of a hypocrite.

I don't like hairy men. Not even too much hair on the head. A little hair is okay though. When I feel lazy I shave my legs up to where all of my shorts would stop. So, I'm not that much of a hypocrite.

I guess I don't like my man having too much hair on his head as well. He looks too caveman when he has his hair grown too long, lol. But he doesn't have to shave his hair on his legs since they're somewhat thin anyway. But yeah, I guess whatever he prefers when he's biking is fine by me. It's still his choice in the end.

I think it's beneficial, but I can totally understand if they don't want to because let's face it, us ladies know how difficult the upkeep can be. I think if they have nice, structured legs, it looks good. It really just depends. I personally don't care for body hair, so the less the better! :)

Well if it's for the sake of aerodynamics, why not.

And if it's for other purposes, also why not. Please let everyone decide if they want to shave themselves or not. But anyways, I would be really interested in If it really helps to go faster or not?

Statistics, anyone?

Always make sure to exfoliate your skin before shaving. This helps to get rid of dead skin cells that could clog up your razor – it also works to prevent a close shave which can lead to cuts or razor burns. You can use a mild scrub or an everyday exfoliant.

I haven't ever really judged a man or woman on whether or not they shave their legs. I see the benefits in biking, so I wouldn't think anything of it really.

If guys feel more comfortable shaving their legs, then why they shouldn't do it? I mean, I shave because it is and it looks cleaner, but mostly because is super comfortable to have no hair on legs, helps you diminish bacteria, and it feels super smooth when you dress up. I like how guys look with their legs shaved, and as long as they're happy with it, then I don't see any bad about it.

I don't like shaving my legs because I don't like the way my legs look after and I don't like how they feel after a while, so I just keep my leg hair naturally.

I think any removal of body hair looks better to be honest! I see a lot of shaved legs out and about and a lot of hair ones too. Saw a guy with hairy shoulders last Saturday, freaked me right out, I have never seen hair shoulders before!
Hairy shoulders? Yikes! Well, that's really not an image I would like for sure. Natural is great, but not always the more hygienic choice. Personally, I think shaved legs are more comfy, clean, and look better, but if anyone wants to keep the hair, that's nothing horrible. But hairy shoulders, that's another level.

I personally shave my legs every week because I always felt conscious when it comes to hygiene. But I don't think that men shaving their legs is quite attractive for me. I mean, it is fine if they don't shave their own legs, it looks very manly tho. They could also wear high-knee socks if they get conscious whenever they are cycling.
For me, it'll be much better if they don't shave their legs since they are men and men don't usually do that unlike us, women, need to shave our legs regularly. Also, it suits well for them.