shaving with a straight razor?

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Max Phillips, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Max Phillips

Max Phillips New Member

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with a straight razor on their legs? I definetly wouldn't want to shave too high with a straight razor, but the idea of not clogging up safety razors heads every two seconds really appeals to me. also I know that when I shave my face with a straight razor, it really does give a closer shave by a day or so (some might call me lucky...I can usually get by shaving my face/neck once a week).

Tags:

2. spinner32

spinner32 New Member

Well, this may not be the experience that everybody has had, but I definately prefer single blade, straight razors to the multi-blade disposables out there. Mainly, this is because I get less razor burn, and yes, a closer shave. The main downside is that, at least for me, it took a while to get the technique right, and I tend to cut myself more with the straight razor - Though this got better with experience. I'd say give it a try. Maybe start by using it after a shave with your regular razor, and get a feel for it without too much resistance. Good luck.

3. tankman10024

tankman10024 New Member

I agree with spinner, it does take time to get use to. i still cut myself once in a while, this is not the razor to use for a quick morning shave unless you're really really good at shaving with this type of razor. But straight razors are always better than the multi blade razors no matter what the commercials say. This is why the barbers still use the single straight razors. No razor burns, bumps and a better and closer shave.

tankman