She Who Bicycles With Fishes

So does NOAA: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html#Q3

> I think that the oceans rising 80 meters is way out of range. Consider this: How much would the
> oceans rise if all the ice in the Arctic were to melt?

I dunno, but here's what the above site has to say:

"sea level rising? Global mean sea level has been rising at an average rate of 1 to 2 mm/year over
the past 100 years, which is significantly larger than the rate averaged over the last several
thousand years. Projected increase from 1990-2100 is anywhere from 0.09-0.88 meters, depending on
which greenhouse gas scenario is used and many physical uncertainties in contributions to sea-level
rise from a variety of frozen and unfrozen water sources."

cheers, Tom