sheffield cycling groups

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by mewthree, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

    do any exist?

    Tags:

  2. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

  3. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

  4. mewthree wrote:
    > "Martin Newstead" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "mewthree" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> do any exist?
    >>>

    >> almost certainly
    >>

    > i was hoping for a more positive answer. maybe with with imformation.

    Look up your local CTC group on their website or the local clubs on the
    British Cycling site or in the Library. Ask in a bike shop.

  5. David Hansen

    David Hansen Guest

  6. "Martin Newstead" <[email protected]>typed

    > mewthree wrote:
    > > "Martin Newstead" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >>
    > >> "mewthree" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]
    > >>>

    > >> almost certainly
    > >>

    > > i was hoping for a more positive answer. maybe with with imformation.

    > Look up your local CTC group on their website or the local clubs on the
    > British Cycling site or in the Library. Ask in a bike shop.

    Forgive him, Father, for he has SYNNDA...

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
    Edgware.

  7. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

  8. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

  9. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    David Martin wrote:

    > On 5/9/04 10:39 pm, in article [email protected], "James Annan"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com/?q=sheffield+cycling+club
    >>
    >>James
    >>(unfortunately, the site seems to be down right now)

    > I thought you were being sarcastic until I did a DNS lookup on it.

    It may have been overwhelmed following a mention in NewScientist
    recently. It seemed to go down only a few hours after I tried it.

    James
    by treading on the toes of giants.

  10. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, James Annan
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > David Martin wrote:
    >
    >> On 5/9/04 10:39 pm, in article [email protected], "James
    >> Annan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com/?q=sheffield+cycling+club
    >>>(unfortunately, the site seems to be down right now)

    >> I thought you were being sarcastic until I did a DNS lookup on it.

    > It may have been overwhelmed following a mention in NewScientist
    > recently. It seemed to go down only a few hours after I tried it.

    Hum. Last time I wanted to check anything on the New Scientist site it
    was Slashdotted (by Slashdot). For New Scientist to Slashdot some other
    poor unsuspecting site seems cruel in the extreme.

    Wise man with foot in mouth use opportunity to clean toes.
    ;; the Worlock

  11. gemarc

    gemarc New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2004
  12. David Hansen

    David Hansen Guest

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:33:46 +0100 someone who may be Helen Deborah
    Vecht <[email protected]> wrote this:-

    >Forgive him, Father, for he has SYNNDA...

    www.google.co.uk does not give any guidance on what this might
    mean:-( Interestingly the first search result is entitled "Outer
    Labial Piercings - By Location" and following that confirms my view
    that I don't like body piercing at all, though ear piercing is not
    too bad and this is presumably cultural conditioning.

    As far as the original request is concerned, I think of baby birds.
    They sit in their nest with their beaks open, squawking and
    expecting mummy or daddy bird to stuff worms down their throat.

    prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.

  13. mewthree

    mewthree Guest

  14. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    mewthree wrote:
    > "Clifford Griffiths" <[email protected] luncheonmeatblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]
    >
    >>"mewthree" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>do any exist?
    >>>
    >>>The Sheffield Telegraph (published Friday)

    >>lists all the local CTC runs
    >>
    >>Cliff
    >>

    > thanks, will get the paper

    Alternatively, have you had a look online for the CTC runs lists? I
    know cambridge put theirs online on a sub-site they have.

    --

    Velvet