Sheffield Station Secure parking?

Phil Cook

Guest
Hi Folks. I'm off oop north at the weekend and would like to take my
Birdy with me to facilitate local travel. How secure is the bike
parking at the Station?

"Phil Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Folks. I'm off oop north at the weekend and would like to take my
> Birdy with me to facilitate local travel. How secure is the bike
> parking at the Station?
> --
> Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

Don't live there, but don't recollect seeing any specific cycle parking at
the rail station.

Dave

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:33:18 +0100 someone who may be Phil Cook
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>Hi Folks. I'm off oop north at the weekend and would like to take my
>Birdy with me to facilitate local travel. How secure is the bike
>parking at the Station?

Surely one point of a Birdy is that it can be folded up and taken
wherever one wants to go.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

David Hansen wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:33:18 +0100 someone who may be Phil Cook
><[email protected]> wrote this:-
>
>>Hi Folks. I'm off oop north at the weekend and would like to take my
>>Birdy with me to facilitate local travel. How secure is the bike
>>parking at the Station?

>Surely one point of a Birdy is that it can be folded up and taken
>wherever one wants to go.

Unfortunately that doesn't include football stadia :-(

On Aug 16, 6:45?pm, Phil Cook <[email protected]> wrote:
> David Hansen wrote:
> >On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:33:18 +0100 someone who may be Phil Cook
> ><[email protected]> wrote this:-

> >>Hi Folks. I'm off oop north at the weekend and would like to take my
> >>Birdy with me to facilitate local travel. How secure is the bike
> >>parking at the Station?

> >Surely one point of a Birdy is that it can be folded up and taken
> >wherever one wants to go.

> Unfortunately that doesn't include football stadia :-(
> --
> Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

Why not try their Left Luggage facility. I'm not sure, however, of
it's opening times. Check out the Midland Mainline website and type
"Left Luggage" and it may give a contact number.

Phil Cook said the following on 16/08/2007 15:33:
> Hi Folks. I'm off oop north at the weekend and would like to take my
> Birdy with me to facilitate local travel. How secure is the bike
> parking at the Station?

There are no lockers at Sheffield, shamefully, but the Sheffield stands
(yes we invented them) or platforms 1 & 5/6 are reasonable secure -
staff are always around and the station is locked up at night apart from
when the Manchester Airport trains depart. Don't leave lights etc on
your bike though.

There are some lockers in the Rockingham Way multi-story car park not
too far away - see http://tinyurl.com/2y4exd

Simon
Sheffield

-
"Just because the world's getting hotter, you can't pin that on global
Warming!

Simon Geller wrote:

>Phil Cook said the following on 16/08/2007 15:33:
>> Hi Folks. I'm off oop north at the weekend and would like to take my
>> Birdy with me to facilitate local travel. How secure is the bike
>> parking at the Station?

>There are no lockers at Sheffield, shamefully, but the Sheffield stands
>(yes we invented them) or platforms 1 & 5/6 are reasonable secure -
>staff are always around and the station is locked up at night apart from
>when the Manchester Airport trains depart. Don't leave lights etc on
>your bike though.

I presume there is CCTV.

The left luggage closes at 16.30, I wonder if I could make it back
from Hillsborough in time after the game - 13.30 KO btw.

>There are some lockers in the Rockingham Way multi-story car park not
>too far away - see http://tinyurl.com/2y4exd

Thanks, I found them on the University website.

"Phil Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Folks. I'm off oop north at the weekend and would like to take my
> Birdy with me to facilitate local travel. How secure is the bike
> parking at the Station?

If you walk up Howard Street (walk up the steps in the fancy square they've
put in front of the station, and up the road that's got the Howard pub at
the bottom and is paved with slippy blue flagstones), you'; find yourself in
front of Sheffield Hallam University. There are loads of stands there, some
are under cover (by the doors to the uni) and there's generally a security
guard or a "city centre ambassador" knocking around.