Sheldon Brown claims another victim: A Raleigh Twenty Saga

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

If you're going to spend that kind of money, you'd be better off with a Bike Friday. Won't fold as
fast or as small, but will ride a hell of a lot better.

> Now this is one area where I really can't see eye to eye with the Great One. I used to ride on of
> those horrors when I was a kid - it was my sister's. It was totalled by the woman who came closest
> anybody has yet to killing me, in my worst-ever crash. There were two redeeming features of this
> crash: it paid for my new Dawes Galaxy and my sister got a Peugeot sports bike out of it.
>
> When I buy a folding bike it will be a Brompton.
>
> Guy
> ===
> May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
> http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
>
> 88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at the University of Washington.

On 16 Feb 2004 20:10:08 -0800, [email protected] (Kaputnik)
wrote:

>If you're going to spend that kind of money, you'd be better off with a Bike Friday. Won't fold as
>fast or as small, but will ride a hell of a lot better.

But what if his criteria are for a fast-folding, small-folding, folding bicycle? the Bike Friday
doesn't help him much there.

The Brompton is ideal for rail commuting--ride it to the station, wheel it to the platform, fold it
up and carry it like a briefcase onto a sardine-can commuter train carriage..

Horses for courses; Bromptons for trains.

-Luigi www.livejournal.com/users/ouij Photos, Rants, Raves