Sheldon's New "Aero" Look! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking as someone who strongly resists things that would shorten my heaD hair but in warm temperatures is otherwise clean shaven I think that when Sheldon says "In addition, I don't want to face next winter without some chin insulation!" He is on the right track. Once it starts cooling off I quit shaving. Spring it goes again.

The hair is another issue. I am always somewhat frightened & confused when I see this happen. What brings an obviously wise man to do this?:p

On Sun, 18 May 2003 03:34:13 GMT, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

>I do believe I've just been called a cockroach...

Do we have to call you Gregor now? So much is changing...

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

>Vo we have to call you Gregor now? So much is changing...

Cheer up, you could be a member of the mayonnaise fan club.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________ ------------------"Buddy Holly,
the Texas Elvis"------------------
__________306.350.357.38>>[email protected]__________

On Sun, 18 May 2003 06:26:35 -0400, "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Cheer up, you could be a member of the mayonnaise fan club.

Say what? Sorry, that went straight over my head :-/

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

>>>>http://sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html

>"As Sheldon Brown awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into
>a gigantic insect. He was lying on his hard,

But in Ovid's Metamorphosis we read

Cheldonas' beard was the envy of all mortals, and not a few of the gods. "Not even Zeus",
said the people, "has whiskers as extensive and distinguished as the Cyclist." At length
Zeus' ire was aroused, and hurling lightning bolts, he singed off Cheldonas hair. This sight
so dismayed the other gods that they begged Zeus to leave at least the eyebrows.

--
mac the naïf

On 17 May 2003 19:01:30 -0700, [email protected] (Bruce Jackson) wrote:

>It's been a long time since I read Atkins' book but as I remember it he said that caffeine
>increased insulin levels and according to Atkins this slows weight loss. Then again it has been a
>while since I read his book and after a while all the diet books start to run together. Any Atkins
>devotees care to chime in?

Caffeine doesn't increase insulin in and of itself, but _if_ it did so, it would only hasten the
descent into ketosis by further depleting liver glycogen levels.

--

Scott Johnson "be a man ,stop looking for handouts , eat ,lift and shut your mouth" -John Carlo

On Sun, 18 May 2003 12:23:13 +0000 (UTC), Alex Colvin <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>>>http://sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html
>
>>"As Sheldon Brown awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed
>>into a gigantic insect. He was lying on his hard,
>
>But in Ovid's Metamorphosis we read
>
> Cheldonas' beard was the envy of all mortals, and not a few of the gods. "Not even Zeus",
> said the people, "has whiskers as extensive and distinguished as the Cyclist." At length
> Zeus' ire was aroused, and hurling lightning bolts, he singed off Cheldonas hair. This sight
> so dismayed the other gods that they begged Zeus to leave at least the eyebrows.

An excerpt from "The Monk's Tale" about Sheldon and Delilah from Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales":

... This Sheldon never touched strong drink or wine. No razor ever touched his head, no shear, By
precept of the messenger divine, For all his strength was in his hair.

<snip>

Delilah was his lover whom he told That in his hair was where his strength all lay, And Sheldon to
his enemies she sold; While he was sleeping in her lap one day, She had his hair all clipped and
shorn away, And let his foes observe, come for their prize; For when they had him in this weakened
way, They bound him tightly, then put out his eyes.

Before his hair had thus been clipped away, Men simply had no bond, this man to bind; Now he's
imprisoned in a cave where they Have bound him to his iMac, there to grind...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles Miami,
Florida 305-273-4440
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Now in our twentieth year. Our catalogue of track equipment: seventh
year online

Steve Palincsar <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> "As Sheldon Brown awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed
> into a gigantic insect. He was lying on his hard, as it were armor-plated, back and when he lifted
> his head a little he could see his domelike brown belly divided into stiff arched segments on top
> of which the bed quilt could hardly stay in place and was about to slide off completely.

ah! complete with an umber carapace! i've always wondered what that meant!

"one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My wife said he should have also shaved his eyebrows while he was at it. My two year old son was
> quite intrigued and asked several times if he
could
> "see him wid da heer aww off". Then he decided "pa has da git him sum new heer".

Now if he could get rid of his yellow teeth.

Hawke

"Top Sirloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 17 May 2003 19:01:30 -0700, [email protected] (Bruce Jackson)
wrote:
>
> >It's been a long time since I read Atkins' book but as I remember it he said that caffeine
> >increased insulin levels and according to Atkins this slows weight loss. Then again it has been a
> >while since I read his book and after a while all the diet books start to run together. Any
> >Atkins devotees care to chime in?
>
> Caffeine doesn't increase insulin in and of itself, but _if_ it did
so, it would
> only hasten the descent into ketosis by further depleting liver
glycogen levels.

The Atkins diet does have a dark side including gout for some. As far as coffee goes, hey, you'll
have to pry the mug from my cold, dead hands. This is the Northwest. We drink a lot of coffee. --
Jay Beattie.

"Jay Beattie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> The Atkins diet does have a dark side including gout for some. As far as coffee goes, hey, you'll
> have to pry the mug from my cold, dead hands. This is the Northwest. We drink a lot of coffee. --
> Jay Beattie.

To me the biggest down side to the Atkins plan is odor. Those on the plan can have bad breath and
excessive body odor.

I doubt I'll ever completely give up coffee either; I've been drinking it hot, strong and black
since I was 12. It probably is a good idea for me to cut down though.

Bruce
--
Bruce Jackson - Sr. Systems Programmer - DMSP, a M/A/R/C Group company

In article <[email protected]>, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>Check it out.
>>>
>>>http://sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html
>
>There have been some interesting side effects.

Wait until the summer comes (If it is still gone). Wait until you see how hot it is. How your face
gets wet without those hairs to draw the water away from the skin.

>Sheldon "Keeping The Shiny Side Up" Brown

How many people told you looked young? I cut off mine every 3-4 years, and keep it off for a
week or so.

--
--
LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Did you know that 90% of North Americans cannot taste the difference between
fried dog and fried cat?

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Pete Hickey) wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>>Check it out.
> >>>
> >>>http://sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html
> >
> >There have been some interesting side effects.
>
> Wait until the summer comes (If it is still gone). Wait until you see how hot it is. How your face
> gets wet without those hairs to draw the water away from the skin.
>
> >Sheldon "Keeping The Shiny Side Up" Brown
>
> How many people told you looked young? I cut off mine every 3-4 years, and keep it off for a
> week or so.

Dog is a good meal! - Mel Gibson in The Patriot

I wonder if Sheldon is familiar withe George Carlins treatise on ³White Guys Who Shave Their
Heads²...?

On Sheldon it looks good. I hope he does¹nt get the old chrome dome sunburnrd though.

Ride Safe - HAND

PS; Sheldon¹s evil twin, Carapice C. Umber, has not yet shaved I believe.

--
³Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness³

- Tomb of the unknown - American Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.