Shelf life for tires?

Tom Sherman wrote:
> ZeeExSixAre wrote:
>
>>> Have you considered using http://tinyurl.com?
>>

>> I like http://snurl.com better because it's faster, less cluttered, and shorter.
>

> I prefer the full URL so I can see where I am going ahead of time.

Yes, you really don't want someone hiding this URL:

http://tubgirl.com

Greg

John Morgan wrote:
>>>I like http://snurl.com better because it's faster, less
>
> cluttered, and
>
>>>shorter.
>>
>>I prefer the full URL so I can see where I am going ahead of time.
>>
>>Tom "Contrary" Sherman - Quad Cities
>

> Agreed. You never know when someone is going to ninja a goatse attack.

Now it's tubgirl: http://tubgirl.com

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> Tom Sherman wrote:
>>
>> I prefer the full URL so I can see where I am going ahead of time.
>>

> Yes, you really don't want someone hiding this URL:
>
> http://tubgirl.com

I've mastered the art of opening things and finding out (more or less) what's there without really
looking at it.

Bill "case in point in spades" S.

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In news:[email protected], Robin Hubert
> <[email protected]> typed:
> > "Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:m2vfm4pjbe.fsf@Stella-
> > Blue.local...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=MPG.19d4

4e835e23acfb989788%40nnrp1.phx1.gblx.net&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dtire%2Bli

fe%2Bstorage%2Bgroup:*materials*%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

%26scoring%3Dr%26selm%3DMPG.19d44e835e23acfb989788%2540nnrp1.phx1.gblx.net%2
> 6rnum%3D1
> > >
> > > Have you considered using http://tinyurl.com?
> >
> > Could you tell me how to do this?
> >
> > Thanks, Robin Hubert
>
> Go to http://tinyurl.com and read. ;^)
>
> Your link as tiny: http://tinyurl.com/2gcth

Thank you, Mike (but that wasn't my url).

Robin Hubert

Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> Go to http://tinyurl.com and paste in the large URL. The instructions will be self-explanatory
> at that point. It's a great resource. There's another similar service as well but I can't recall
> the name.

makeashorterlink.com.

dvt

S o r n i <[email protected]> wrote:
>G.T. wrote:
>> Tom Sherman wrote:
>>>I prefer the full URL so I can see where I am going ahead of time.
>>Yes, you really don't want someone hiding this URL: http://tubgirl.com
>I've mastered the art of opening things and finding out (more or less) what's there without really
>looking at it.

I also like to see the full URL, but don't get caught since I open tinyurls and the like with a text
browser whose requests are not monitored.

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:26:10 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Now it's tubgirl: http://tubgirl.com

That IS more disgusting. <sarcasm>Luckily, they've tastefully obscured an uninvolved body
part...</sarcasm>
--
Rick "Not hungry for lunch _anymore_" Onanian

G.T. <[email protected]> wrote:

> Now it's tubgirl: http://tubgirl.com

Yes, now that the .cx registry has yanked the goatse entry, I suppose low-minded people have to find
an alternate. It appears roughly 10,000 have put together an online petition to try and get it
reinstated. Oh the humanity.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Goatse/petition.html

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g "The key is to commit crimes so confusing
that police feel too stupid to even write a crime report about them." -Aubrey, 'Something Positive'

Originally posted by Andy Dingley
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:04:11 GMT, Cipher
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Don't forget to keep them away from electric motors, (furnace in the basement) when they run they
>produce Ozone which will react with the rubber causing it to deteriorate faster.

You'll barely notice the ozone from an electric motor (unless you're in an elevator machine room).

Photocopiers, or even larger laser printers, OTOH....

--
Smert' spamionam

Excessive dryness such as desert environs also degenerates rubber.

Some furnaces have electrostatic filters which also produce ozone.

re: Furnace motors and ozone- why would an induction A/C motor produce ozone? The solenoid which controls the motor might produce ozone when it energizes or deenergizes.

What kind of electric motors are used in photocopiers and printers?

Dave wrote:

> Performance is having a good sale on Continental Ultra 3000 700X25 tires and I'm thinking of
> stocking up a bit. Do tires deteriorate over time in storage? Storage being on a shelf in
> our house.

Keep them in the dark and they should last a long time. When touring on a tandem, we carry a tyre
folded into three and wrapped in duct tape as a spare. The spare is just strapped on the outside of
a pannier. We used one Specialized Expedition after about a dozen years swapped in tape, and a
Specialized Fat Boy after eight or nine years, and both them were in good condition.

OTOH, I had some IRC Metros hanging in the garage for several years (where they get indirect light
and it gets pretty hot in summer and around freezing in winter), and the rubber had hardened
noticeably when I finally got around to thinking about using them.

Nick

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:33:59 GMT, meb <[email protected]>
may have said:

>re: Furnace motors and ozone- why would an induction A/C motor produce ozone?

If they have brushes, there will be arcing. That's where the ozone gets produced. Not all AC motors
are brushless, even today, particularly at higher power levels.

>The solenoid which controls the motor might produce ozone when it energizes or deenergizes.

The amount there would be tiny.

>What kind of electric motors are used in photocopiers and printers?

It's not the motor, it's the electrostatic charge that's used to cause toner deposition on the drum;
this produces a fairly steady ozone output. It's smaller than the amount produced by some tanning
beds, though.

Originally posted by Werehatrack
may have said:

>re: Furnace motors and ozone- why would an induction A/C motor produce ozone?

If they have brushes, there will be arcing. That's where the ozone gets produced. Not all AC motors
are brushless, even today, particularly at higher power levels.

Yuk-Brushes wear out and furnaces in environs I've been near have been high duty cycle. With brushes that'be high maintenance. By high power are you talking about industrial or are there residential furnaces with brush motors as well?

Thanks,
M.E.B.

Re: your signature line- I used to have a supervisor that said if we can't fix the bug we'll market it as a feature.