sheryl crow (slightly OT)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Sheryl Crowe has just had breast cancer surgery.

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Sheryl Crowe has just had breast cancer surgery.
    >
    > Peter

    Aye - 'twas in the press during the week. Radiation therapy too. Not nice. I
    wouldn't wish that illness on anyone.

    Cheers, helen s

  3. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Sheryl Crowe has just had breast cancer surgery.

    I did ponder on this for a split second when I frst read it, then tought
    "Okay magazine may have a field day, but I don't know her or them."

    Of course the OP meant (slightly OT) because he felt this had something to
    do with cycling. I'd call it a "Very Tenuous OT". It's to do with two human
    beings lives, that has nothing to do with cycling. Let the sad b**st*rds
    that buy OK and the like have this conversation .. otherwise it's as good as
    paparrazzi on a newsgroup.

  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >> Sheryl Crowe has just had breast cancer surgery.

    > I did ponder on this for a split second when I frst read it, then tought
    > "Okay magazine may have a field day, but I don't know her or them."
    >
    > Of course the OP meant (slightly OT) because he felt this had something to
    > do with cycling. I'd call it a "Very Tenuous OT". It's to do with two
    > human beings lives, that has nothing to do with cycling. Let the sad
    > b**st*rds that buy OK and the like have this conversation .. otherwise
    > it's as good as paparrazzi on a newsgroup.

    I don't know 'her or them' either, but I note that Sheryl has been mentioned
    at least twice on this newsgroup in recent weeks.
    If by 'them' you mean Armstrong, I gather he is (or was) a(n) (un)popular
    cyclist.
    So I think there is a connection.

    Although I wholeheartedly agree that no-one should read OK, or others of its
    ilk.

    Peter

  5. archierob

    archierob Guest

    It strikes fear into us all - cancer - I survived, Armstrong survived,
    hopefefully Sheryl will also. To me he is not just a great cyclist -
    his name is hope. Without hope what the hell is there?

  6. archierob wrote:

    > Without hope what the hell is there?

    BEER!

  7. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, elyob
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Of course the OP meant (slightly OT) because he felt this had something
    > to do with cycling. I'd call it a "Very Tenuous OT". It's to do with
    > two human beings lives, that has nothing to do with cycling. Let the
    > sad b**st*rds that buy OK and the like have this conversation ..
    > otherwise it's as good as paparrazzi on a newsgroup.

    It is tenuous. But it does show Armstrong to be the person we always
    thought he was - the great cancer-surviving self publicist, who, as soon
    as his girlfriend gets cancer, dumps her. King John, it was said, had no
    redeeming features. He was not alone.

    ;; I put the 'sexy' in 'dyslexia'

  8. elyob

    elyob Guest

    > in message <[email protected]>, elyob
    > ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    >> Of course the OP meant (slightly OT) because he felt this had something
    >> to do with cycling. I'd call it a "Very Tenuous OT". It's to do with
    >> two human beings lives, that has nothing to do with cycling. Let the
    >> sad b**st*rds that buy OK and the like have this conversation ..
    >> otherwise it's as good as paparrazzi on a newsgroup.

    > It is tenuous. But it does show Armstrong to be the person we always
    > thought he was - the great cancer-surviving self publicist, who, as soon
    > as his girlfriend gets cancer, dumps her. King John, it was said, had no
    > redeeming features. He was not alone.

    How do you know that? How do you know he dumped her because she got cancer?
    As I say, it's all a little too much OK! magazin-ish for me.

    Oh, by the way, my girlfriend wants you all to know that she had her hair
    cut the other day, I ride a bike.

  9. graham

    graham Guest

    > in message <[email protected]>, elyob
    > ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    >> Of course the OP meant (slightly OT) because he felt this had something
    >> to do with cycling. I'd call it a "Very Tenuous OT". It's to do with
    >> two human beings lives, that has nothing to do with cycling. Let the
    >> sad b**st*rds that buy OK and the like have this conversation ..
    >> otherwise it's as good as paparrazzi on a newsgroup.

    > It is tenuous. But it does show Armstrong to be the person we always
    > thought he was - the great cancer-surviving self publicist, who, as soon
    > as his girlfriend gets cancer, dumps her. King John, it was said, had no
    > redeeming features. He was not alone.

    He dumped her several weeks ago, didn't he? These days, BC is treated
    within DAYS of discovery, at least in North America and especially if you
    are wealthy.
    Graham

  10. Tim Binns

    Tim Binns Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:37:58 GMT, "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sheryl Crowe has just had breast cancer surgery.
    >
    >Peter

    SFW? Idiot.

  11. Peter

    Peter Guest