Sheryl Crow The Yoko Ono Of Cycling???

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mike Bruno, Jul 18, 2004.

  1. Mike Bruno

    Mike Bruno Guest

    So I'm reading a book yesterday and my wife passes me the latest issue of 'People'
    magazine. It has an article on LA and SC. It says, and I kid you not, that
    some columnist has wondered if Sheryl become "the Yoko Ono of cycling?". I
    probably woke the neighbors I was laughing so hard.

    Tags:

  2. Mike Bruno wrote:
    > So I'm reading a book yesterday and my wife passes me the latest
    > issue of 'People' magazine. It has an article on LA and SC. It
    > says, and I kid you not, that some columnist has wondered if Sheryl
    > become "the Yoko Ono of cycling?". I probably woke the neighbors I
    > was laughing so hard.

    That's not possible. SC is a hottie and Yoko was just plain ugly.

  3. Ed-D

    Ed-D Guest

    "Braves Fan Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Mike Bruno wrote:
    > > So I'm reading a book yesterday and my wife passes me the latest
    > > issue of 'People' magazine. It has an article on LA and SC. It
    > > says, and I kid you not, that some columnist has wondered if Sheryl
    > > become "the Yoko Ono of cycling?". I probably woke the neighbors I
    > > was laughing so hard.

    > That's not possible. SC is a hottie and Yoko was just plain ugly.

    she's not all that. But more importantly, let's look at the record: Yoko Ono
    played a substantial role in breaking up the Beatles, arguably the greatest
    rock band in the history of time. Lance is about to win his sixth Tour in a
    row by a wide margin. Last year, before this "Yoko" entered the picture, he
    won only by the skin of his teeth. I think his wife is a million times hotter
    than Sherryl Crow. Though I imagine he's hardly limiting himself to her.

  4. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    "Mike Bruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > So I'm reading a book yesterday and my wife passes me the latest issue of

    'People'
    > magazine. It has an article on LA and SC. It says, and I kid you not,

    that
    > some columnist has wondered if Sheryl become "the Yoko Ono of cycling?".

    > probably woke the neighbors I was laughing so hard.

    That's been bantered about in this newsgroup since she arrived on the
    cycling scene.

    Bob C.

  5. On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:16:01 GMT, "Braves Fan Deluxe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > SC is a hottie

    To the 40+ crowd perhaps.

  6. Mike Bruno wrote:
    > So I'm reading a book yesterday and my wife passes me the latest issue of 'People'
    > magazine. It has an article on LA and SC. It says, and I kid you not, that
    > some columnist has wondered if Sheryl become "the Yoko Ono of cycling?". I
    > probably woke the neighbors I was laughing so hard.

    Can't be. Nobody could be as annoying as Yoko and get on the bus, Lance
    or no Lance.

  7. zboy

    zboy Guest

    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:16:01 GMT, "Braves Fan Deluxe"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > > SC is a hottie

    > To the 40+ crowd perhaps.

    GOOD POINT DREWDR - she is no hottie to anyone under the age of 30 - I
    will take a podium girl myself

  8. Big V

    Big V Guest

    as long as SC still has a tour OF HER OWN to get to... Yoko was a leach.

    "Mike Bruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > So I'm reading a book yesterday and my wife passes me the latest issue of

    'People'
    > magazine. It has an article on LA and SC. It says, and I kid you not,

    that
    > some columnist has wondered if Sheryl become "the Yoko Ono of cycling?".

    > probably woke the neighbors I was laughing so hard.

  9. Dave H

    Dave H Guest

    "Ed-D" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Braves Fan Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Mike Bruno wrote:
    > > > So I'm reading a book yesterday and my wife passes me the latest
    > > > issue of 'People' magazine. It has an article on LA and SC. It
    > > > says, and I kid you not, that some columnist has wondered if Sheryl
    > > > become "the Yoko Ono of cycling?". I probably woke the neighbors I
    > > > was laughing so hard.

    > > That's not possible. SC is a hottie and Yoko was just plain ugly.

    > she's not all that. But more importantly, let's look at the record: Yoko

    Ono
    > played a substantial role in breaking up the Beatles, arguably the

    greatest
    > rock band in the history of time. Lance is about to win his sixth Tour in

    > row by a wide margin. Last year, before this "Yoko" entered the picture,

    he
    > won only by the skin of his teeth. I think his wife is a million times

    hotter
    > than Sherryl Crow.

    Sure...if you like fucking your mother
    Dave

  10. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    zboy <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:16:01 GMT, "Braves Fan Deluxe"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >> > SC is a hottie

    >> To the 40+ crowd perhaps.

    > GOOD POINT DREWDR - she is no hottie to anyone under the age of 30 - I
    > will take a podium girl myself

    Will that be with tomato, Mayo and rye?

  11. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Big V <[email protected]> wrote:
    > as long as SC still has a tour OF HER OWN to get to... Yoko was a leach.

    July 17, 2004
    Crow Wants Lance to Stand by His Woman
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

    Filed at 9:57 p.m. ET

    PLATEAU DE BEILLE, France (AP) -- The next time Sheryl Crow embarks on a
    punishing musical tour, she expects Lance Armstrong to stand by his woman.
    After all, she was there for him at the Tour de France.

    ``I'm going to drag him on the road with me,'' she said.

    > "Mike Bruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> So I'm reading a book yesterday and my wife passes me the latest issue of

    > 'People'
    >> magazine. It has an article on LA and SC. It says, and I kid you not,

    > that
    >> some columnist has wondered if Sheryl become "the Yoko Ono of cycling?".

    >> probably woke the neighbors I was laughing so hard.

  12. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    > she's not all that. But more importantly, let's look at the record: Yoko Ono
    > played a substantial role in breaking up the Beatles, arguably the greatest
    > rock band in the history of time. Lance is about to win his sixth Tour in a
    > row by a wide margin. Last year, before this "Yoko" entered the picture, he
    > won only by the skin of his teeth. I think his wife is a million times hotter
    > than Sherryl Crow. Though I imagine he's hardly limiting himself to her.

    They'll break up as soon as he refuses to go on tour with her next year anyway.

  13. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Richard Adams wrote:

    > Can't be. Nobody could be as annoying as Yoko and get on the bus,
    > Lance
    > or no Lance.

    I think Floyd with a ZZ Top CD comes pretty close.

  14. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    says...

    >That's not possible. SC is a hottie and Yoko was just plain ugly.

    Was? Still is. Can't sing either.
    ------------
    Alex

  15. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:
    > says...

    >>That's not possible. SC is a hottie and Yoko was just plain ugly.

    > Was? Still is. Can't sing either.

    I think she has less vocal range than Rosanne...

    > ------------
    > Alex

  16. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:
    > says...

    >>That's not possible. SC is a hottie and Yoko was just plain ugly.

    > Was? Still is. Can't sing either.

    I think she has less vocal range than Rosanne...

    > ------------
    > Alex

  17. Dave Casey

    Dave Casey Guest

  18. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    >From: Dave Casey [email protected]

    >And Ono can't sing worth a shit.
    >
    >------
    >Dave Casey - Realtor

    If I had to listen to a Yoko concert I just might throw shit, literally.
    Bill C

  19. >``I'm going to drag him on the road with me,'' she said.

    I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!
    ANOTHER PAUL AND LINDA MC CARTNEY IN THE MAKING!!!!

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

  20. Dick Durbin

    Dick Durbin Guest

    [email protected] (zboy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > SC is a hottie

    > > To the 40+ crowd perhaps.

    > GOOD POINT DREWDR - she is no hottie to anyone under the age of 30 - I
    > will take a podium girl myself

    You boys will learn. Young women are too high maintenance.

    Dick "checking to see if his wife of 33 years is looking over his shoulder" Durbin