Sheryl's not bad, either

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Keith Willoughby, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Sean said on the Eurosport UK coverage that Sheryl Crowe cycled up
    L'Alpe D'Huez in 1hr 40.

    --
    Keith Willoughby
    Welcome to the police state - http://tinyurl.com/3cptb

    Tags:

  2. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Keith Willoughby wrote:
    > Sean said on the Eurosport UK coverage that Sheryl Crowe cycled up
    > L'Alpe D'Huez in 1hr 40.

    I haven't watched the race yet (waiting till highlights @ 7). I hope your
    subject line (the 'either' bit) hasn't spoilt it for me!

  3. davek

    davek Guest

    Keith Willoughby:
    > Sean said on the Eurosport UK coverage that Sheryl Crowe cycled up
    > L'Alpe D'Huez in 1hr 40.

    I heard that too. They didn't mention whether or not she was riding on a
    tandem with that boyfriend of hers at the time.

    d.

  4. Meschersmit

    Meschersmit Guest

    Quite do-able I must say - my pardon to any ladies reading....
    Ian

    "Keith Willoughby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Sean said on the Eurosport UK coverage that Sheryl Crowe cycled up
    > L'Alpe D'Huez in 1hr 40.
    >
    > --
    > Keith Willoughby
    > Welcome to the police state - http://tinyurl.com/3cptb

  5. Meschersmit

    Meschersmit Guest

    http://www.sherylcrow.com/news.asp

    She looks great.....

    Ian

    "davek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Keith Willoughby:
    > > Sean said on the Eurosport UK coverage that Sheryl Crowe cycled up
    > > L'Alpe D'Huez in 1hr 40.

    > I heard that too. They didn't mention whether or not she was riding on a
    > tandem with that boyfriend of hers at the time.
    >
    > d.

  6. MSA

    MSA Guest

    > Quite do-able I must say - my pardon to any ladies reading....
    > Ian
    >
    > "Keith Willoughby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Sean said on the Eurosport UK coverage that Sheryl Crowe cycled up
    > > L'Alpe D'Huez in 1hr 40.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Keith Willoughby
    > > Welcome to the police state - http://tinyurl.com/3cptb

    Jeez, no wonder the mans smiling more these days!

    --
    Mark (MSA)
    This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling

  7. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    MSA [email protected] opined the following...
    > Jeez, no wonder the mans smiling more these days!

    I like the music but couldn't see what the fuss was about until I saw
    the photo of her on the bike. Ah well. Best of luck to them.

    Jon

  8. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:41:27 +0100, "Meschersmit" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >http://www.sherylcrow.com/news.asp
    >
    >She looks great.....

    Hmm, I wonder if girlfriends of Lance are expected to pay for their
    Trek bikes?

    1 hour and 40 minutes up Alpe d'Huez certainly sounds impressive, and
    she looks quite at home on that bike, was she into cycling before she
    met Lance, does anyone know?
    --

    "Bob"

    'The people have spoken, the bastards'

    Email address is spam trapped.
    To reply directly remove the beverage.

  9. MSeries

    MSeries New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2003
    I have ascended Alpe d'Huez four times, including stops for photos, peds in the way etc. the only time I timed myself my time was 1 hour 45 mins. I didn't bother timing the 2nd, 3rd and fourth rides. Note the 2nd and third ascentions were on the same day !

  10. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

  11. Jon Senior wrote:

    > I like the music but couldn't see what the fuss was about until I saw
    > the photo of her on the bike. Ah well. Best of luck to them.

    You *need* to see the "If It Makes You Happy" video. That mini-skirt is
    on the legal limit [1].

    [1] helpfully defined by Bob Mortimer as "half an inch below minge base"
    I'm amazed the BBC gave Shooting Stars another run after that line!

  12. MartinMM

    MartinMM New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2004
    The BBC is not very savvy to that sort of thing, they let the Missing words round:
    "Charles takes Di"
    (Paul Merton) "up the Gary"
    through on HIGNFY ;-)