Shet ma mouth and call me Fred, I wannit!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Richard Adams, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2003/nov03/southland/stage6/
    >> BHdean_quack_attack
    >>
    >> It would be even more funny if he placed.
    >>

    > I gotta have one of those, but a real one, if he flaps fast enough I might win my local club TT.
    > Doubt it though since Jeremy Powers and Verheul are flying right now. Bill C

    There are two crows at the piste in the Bois de Vincennes that will grab a peanut out of your hand
    while you're riding along. It's kind of interesting watching riders rolling along at 32 km/h,
    holding up their hand and seeing the crows match speed and grab the peanut. Sometimes the rider will
    hold onto the peanut for a few seconds before letting go, so the crows have to flap and flap and
    can't swoop away.

  4. Robert Chung wrote:

    > hand and seeing the crows match speed and grab the peanut. Sometimes the rider will hold onto
    > the peanut for a few seconds before letting go, so the crows have to flap and flap and can't
    > swoop away.

    This is standard training for the Tour mountain stages for riders who can't climb. Substitute
    "bidon" or "door handle" for "peanut" and "minutes" for "seconds"...

  5. TritonRider <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2003/nov03/southland/stage6/BHdean_quack_attack

    > I gotta have one of those, but a real one, if he flaps fast enough I might win my local club TT.
    > Doubt it though since Jeremy Powers and Verheul are flying right now.

    http://www.abbiorca.com/bike/cross/cross2002/crosspeople2002/source/fcbc0326.html

    I want one with Viking horns.

    p.s. It gets kind of hot inside these, think twice before using for races on hot days.

  6. Stewart Fleming wrote:

    > Robert Chung wrote:
    >
    >> hand and seeing the crows match speed and grab the peanut. Sometimes the rider will hold onto
    >> the peanut for a few seconds before letting go, so the crows have to flap and flap and can't
    >> swoop away.
    >

    > This is standard training for the Tour mountain stages for riders who can't climb. Substitute
    > "bidon" or "door handle" for "peanut" and "minutes" for "seconds"...

    Great example shot of this in first few pages of Nov. '03 ProCycling (dunno if it's on the website)
    of Guido Trenti (Fassa Bortolo) and two Relax riders latched onto the back of a motorbike Stage 15
    of the Vuelta, up Sierra de la Pandera. Rather comical that the second Relax rider is holding onto
    the jersey of the first (whom is holding onto the moto.)