Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

shifter and derailleur can't work well

Started by New Biker · · Last activity · 1 post · 483 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
1 June 2003
Last activity
1 June 2003
Original author
New Biker
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
483
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    I have an old sram 8-spd rear derailleur with a grip shift, I want to change the shifter to a
    rapid fire so I won't accidentally change the gear when I ride. I bought an used Shimano LX 8-spd
    shifter and hope it will work with the SRam derailleur, but I can only adjust the cable tension so
    much that the shifter can only shift to half of the cogs. Is it due to incompatibility or the
    shifter I bought is no good at all, if I get a Shimano XT/LX rear derailleur will it work?

    Thanks for any recommendation.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.