shifter upgrade question

denno

Aug 13, 2003
I have an old 6-speed Specialized Epic Allez that I ride when I'm visiting family a couple of times a year that has the shifters on the downtubes. I want to upgrade to integrated shifters/brake levers but I can't seem to find any that are compatible with 6-speed. Performance has some Modolo ones that are cheap but are only compatible with 7/8/9 speeds. Any suggestions?

AFAIK there are no 6 speed integrated levers. They were invented after that time.

denno said:
I have an old 6-speed Specialized Epic Allez that I ride when I'm visiting family a couple of times a year that has the shifters on the downtubes. I want to upgrade to integrated shifters/brake levers but I can't seem to find any that are compatible with 6-speed. Performance has some Modolo ones that are cheap but are only compatible with 7/8/9 speeds. Any suggestions?
I'm thinking it'll work.

I'm going back into my memory but I THINK that narrow 6-speed and 7-speed cog spacing are the same. Unfortunately I can't find a quick reference to check for sure. If I'm right, a 7-speed Sora brifter will work for you. Your derailleur limit screws will prevent the use of one of the click stops.