SHIFTERS: sram rocket trigger vs. XT pods

joepa

Feb 19, 2004
Has anyone tried these new sram rocket trigger shifters? i hear you only use your thumb? how do they compare to shimano XT pods?

secondly, is shimano going to phase out the XT pods and only manufacture the new brake lever shifters?

Originally posted by joepa
Has anyone tried these new sram rocket trigger shifters? i hear you only use your thumb? how do they compare to shimano XT pods?

secondly, is shimano going to phase out the XT pods and only manufacture the new brake lever shifters?

A lot of people like the new SRAM triggers, they are supposed to be great but its all a matter of preference I guess. Some people also claim it feels a bit weird to shift both ways with your thumb. I guess its all a matter of getting used to. A lot of people don't realize that it IS actually possible to activate the shimano trigger with your thumb as well if you position the pod just right. Its hard to say how long they will keep manufacturing pods. They said that as long as there is demand they will still make them so we'll see.

Originally posted by joepa

I installed the SRAM Attack Trigger shifters on my Heckler a year ago. After one ride I was completely sold on them and knew without a doubt that the $49.95 Sram Attack Trigger Shifter was better than the $149.95 XTR Trigger Shifters. But I wanted to see how they would hold up over time before I purchased another set for my Blur. Here it is a year later, I've yanked all the XTR pods off my all my bikes and sold that junk on ebay and installed a $69.95 SRAM Rocket Trigger Shifter on my Blur and another $49.95 Sram Attack Trigger Shifter on my Jamis.

These absolutely Rock! They shift clean, instantly, makes better since, because you never have to move your finger from the brake and your grip on the handle bar never has to change and if you've ever blazed down a hill at full speed and found yourself in a corner where you need to brake and shift at the same time in a split second to set up for a climb....well the SRAM just simply works for your, where as the XTR shifters work against you.

My recommendation, get a set of $49.95 Attacks, try them if you don't like them you haven't lost much money, but I can say without a doubt you'll never go back to XTR.