Shim. 8spd and Campy 9spd compatibility

Fi'Zi:K

Guest
I have a bike with campagnolo 9 speeds and someone gave me a
set of Mavic Cosmic Aluminium (circa 1998) that has a
Shimano 8 speeds cassette.

Is there any way I could fit something to use this set of
wheel with my bike?

Some people told that I could buy a Mavic cassette but I
don't want to spend too much. Something around 80-100 CAN$
(60-75 US$).

Thank you.

A Muzi

Guest
fi'zi:k wrote:
> I have a bike with campagnolo 9 speeds and someone gave me
> a set of Mavic Cosmic Aluminium (circa 1998) that has a
> Shimano 8 speeds cassette. Is there any way I could fit
> something to use this set of wheel with my bike? Some
> people told that I could buy a Mavic cassette but I don't
> want to spend too much. Something around 80-100 CAN$ (60-
> 75 US$).

Any nine speed Shimano-type (Shimano, SunRace, SRAM, Mavic,
etc) cassette will shift acceptably well for most riders in
most systems. (Spacing is not identical. ) If you avoid
'spidered' cassettes, you will be able to add an
aftermarket spacer kit later if your discerning taste
requires a closer fit.

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971