Shimano 10-speed chain with Campy drivetrain + Jtek?

dennis

Guest
What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:

Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
Shimano cassette 10-speed +
Jtek model 1

I already have the Jtek, but the cassette is new and I thought I'd buy
a new chain (following advice to use new chain on new cassettes). My
current chain is campy 10. Should I get a Shimano 10-speed chain?

Will I have problems shifting in front with campy cranks if I use
shimano 10-speed chain?

I run Record 10 and the best chain I've used is Wippermann (Connex) . Also,
it's super easy to take off and clean if that is a feature you want to see.
"dennis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> current chain is campy 10. Should I get a Shimano 10-speed chain?
>
> Will I have problems shifting in front with campy cranks if I use
> shimano 10-speed chain?

I run Record 10 and the best chain I've used is Wippermann (Connex) . Also,
it's super easy to take off and clean if that is a feature you want to see.
"dennis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:
>
> Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
> Shimano cassette 10-speed +
> Jtek model 1
>
> I already have the Jtek, but the cassette is new and I thought I'd buy
> a new chain (following advice to use new chain on new cassettes). My
> current chain is campy 10. Should I get a Shimano 10-speed chain?
>
> Will I have problems shifting in front with campy cranks if I use

have you tried the Shimano 10-speed chain? I'm currently using Record
10, but it seems to be a tight fit with very little clearance between
the Shimano 10-speed cogs. I'm wondering if using Shimano 10-speed
chain would make the adjustment more forgiving.

dennis wrote:
> What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:
>
> Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
> Shimano cassette 10-speed +
> Jtek model 1

shimano 10s chain

> I already have the Jtek, but the cassette is new and I thought I'd buy
> a new chain (following advice to use new chain on new cassettes). My
> current chain is campy 10. Should I get a Shimano 10-speed chain?
>
> Will I have problems shifting in front with campy cranks if I use
> shimano 10-speed chain?

No but shimano 10s cogs are really close together and the shimano 10s
chain is the thinnest of the lot. A Campag or Wipperman 10s chain will
work but the quietest of the lot is the shaimno for shimano cogs.

dennis wrote:
> What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:
>
> Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
> Shimano cassette 10-speed +
> Jtek model 1

shimano 10s chain

dennis wrote:
> What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:
>
> Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
> Shimano cassette 10-speed +
> Jtek model 1

shimano 10s chain

dennis wrote:
> What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:
>
> Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
> Shimano cassette 10-speed +
> Jtek model 1

shimano 10s chain

dennis wrote:
> What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:
>
> Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
> Shimano cassette 10-speed +
> Jtek model 1

shimano 10s chain

> I already have the Jtek, but the cassette is new and I thought I'd buy
> a new chain (following advice to use new chain on new cassettes). My
> current chain is campy 10. Should I get a Shimano 10-speed chain?
>
> Will I have problems shifting in front with campy cranks if I use
> shimano 10-speed chain?

No but shimano 10s cogs are really close together and the shimano 10s
chain is the thinnest of the lot. A Campag or Wipperman 10s chain will
work but the quietest of the lot is the shaimno for shimano cogs.

> dennis wrote:
>> What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:
>>
>> Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
>> Shimano cassette 10-speed +
>> Jtek model 1

> shimano 10s chain
>

>> I already have the Jtek, but the cassette is new and I thought I'd buy
>> a new chain (following advice to use new chain on new cassettes). My
>> current chain is campy 10. Should I get a Shimano 10-speed chain?
>>
>> Will I have problems shifting in front with campy cranks if I use
>> shimano 10-speed chain?

> No but shimano 10s cogs are really close together and the shimano 10s
> chain is the thinnest of the lot. A Campag or Wipperman 10s chain will
> work but the quietest of the lot is the shaimno for shimano cogs.

Agree, shimano chains are usually the thinnest around. Just use a Wipperman
or Sram removable link instead of those stupid pins and you're good to go!