Shimano 105 wheel question

biker jk

Oct 24, 2005
Could anybody tell me the dimensions of the spokes on the Shimano 105 (WH-5600) wheels, specifically the width and depth of the spokes (eg. 2.2mm x 1.1mm). I don't have a set of vernier calipers and using a ruler isn't very accurate. Any help would be very appreciated.

I didn't actually down load the diagrams. I would have thought the info you wanted would be there :)
Are you going to respoke?

biker jk said:
Could anybody tell me the dimensions of the spokes on the Shimano 105 (WH-5600) wheels, specifically the width and depth of the spokes (eg. 2.2mm x 1.1mm). I don't have a set of vernier calipers and using a ruler isn't very accurate. Any help would be very appreciated.
I have Shimano WH-R550 wheels at home, when I get home I can check them for you, (I also have Dial Calipers) I would think they are the same spokes as yours. I will post later tonight, not sure what your time will be where your at:)

Replacement Spoke Kits are available from Shimano for all of their recent wheels. ;)

See the PDF for part number.

Fujiman said:
I have Shimano WH-R550 wheels at home, when I get home I can check them for you, (I also have Dial Calipers) I would think they are the same spokes as yours. I will post later tonight, not sure what your time will be where your at:)
That would be most appreciated.

biker jk said:
That would be most appreciated.
I come up with .060" (1.524mm) thick, X .100" (2.54mm) wide.

Hope this helps, sorry about forgetting to post the size.