Shimano 10speed cog spacers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Peter Vesel, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I am looking to get a hold
    of 9 of them

    thanks, Peter

    Tags:

  2. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:07:31 GMT, "Peter Vesel"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I am looking to get a hold of
    >9 of them
    >
    >thanks, Peter
    Your local shop can get 0.3 mm and 2.0 mm freewheel spacers from Wheels. Be prepared for sticker
    shock on the 0.3 mm ones. If you are thinking of using 9sp cogs to make a 10 sp one, it won't work.
    Buy an American Classic 10 sp cassette.

  3. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    "Paul Kopit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:07:31 GMT, "Peter Vesel" <[email protected]> wrote: Your local
    > shop can get 0.3 mm and 2.0 mm freewheel spacers from Wheels. Be prepared for sticker shock on the
    > 0.3 mm ones. If you are thinking of using 9sp cogs to make a 10 sp one, it won't work. Buy an
    > American Classic 10 sp cassette.

    That's exactly what I was thinking. I have seen some places selling the spacers for $13 each but
    this is a bit expensive.

    Peter

  4. Peter-<< Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I am looking to get a
    hold of 9 of them >><BR><BR>

    Since the 10s cogset has only been introduced a couple of months ago, I'm sure they aren't available
    yet. Also sure no DA 10s cogsets are trashed quite yet to provide spacers from the LBS box of
    trashed stuff.

  5. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    > Peter-<< Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette
    spacers. I
    > am looking to get a hold of 9 of them >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Since the 10s cogset has only been introduced a couple of months ago, I'm
    sure
    > they aren't available yet. Also sure no DA 10s cogsets are trashed quite
    yet to
    > provide spacers from the LBS box of trashed stuff.

    That's pretty much what I expected. I thought that the shimano 9 speed cogs mated with 10 speed
    shimano spacers would give almost perfect campag 10 speed spacing. However I didn't want to outlay
    too much money to try this. I just have to wait until more people go for shimano 10speed

    peter