Shimano 10speed cog spacers

Peter Vesel

Guest
Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I am looking to get a hold
of 9 of them

thanks, Peter

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:07:31 GMT, "Peter Vesel"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I am looking to get a hold of
>9 of them
>
>thanks, Peter
Your local shop can get 0.3 mm and 2.0 mm freewheel spacers from Wheels. Be prepared for sticker
shock on the 0.3 mm ones. If you are thinking of using 9sp cogs to make a 10 sp one, it won't work.
Buy an American Classic 10 sp cassette.

"Paul Kopit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:07:31 GMT, "Peter Vesel" <[email protected]> wrote: Your local
> shop can get 0.3 mm and 2.0 mm freewheel spacers from Wheels. Be prepared for sticker shock on the
> 0.3 mm ones. If you are thinking of using 9sp cogs to make a 10 sp one, it won't work. Buy an
> American Classic 10 sp cassette.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I have seen some places selling the spacers for $13 each but
this is a bit expensive.

Peter

Peter-<< Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I am looking to get a
hold of 9 of them >><BR><BR>

Since the 10s cogset has only been introduced a couple of months ago, I'm sure they aren't available
yet. Also sure no DA 10s cogsets are trashed quite yet to provide spacers from the LBS box of
trashed stuff.

> Peter-<< Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette
spacers. I
> am looking to get a hold of 9 of them >><BR><BR>
>
> Since the 10s cogset has only been introduced a couple of months ago, I'm
sure
> they aren't available yet. Also sure no DA 10s cogsets are trashed quite
yet to
> provide spacers from the LBS box of trashed stuff.

That's pretty much what I expected. I thought that the shimano 9 speed cogs mated with 10 speed
shimano spacers would give almost perfect campag 10 speed spacing. However I didn't want to outlay
too much money to try this. I just have to wait until more people go for shimano 10speed

peter