Shimano 600 double crank set question

Smoky

Guest
I'm trying to build an inexpensive road bike from parts and was
wondering if someone can tell me if a Shimano 600 double crank set
will work with a Shimano Ultegra nine speed cassette.

I was also wondering if someone here could help me determine the
appropriate bottom bracket size. My frame is sized to take a 68mm
bottom bracket but I'm not sure what else I need to know beyond that.
Thanks in advance

Smoky wrote:
> I'm trying to build an inexpensive road bike from parts and was
> wondering if someone can tell me if a Shimano 600 double crank set
> will work with a Shimano Ultegra nine speed cassette.

Yep, currently using one.

> I was also wondering if someone here could help me determine the
> appropriate bottom bracket size. My frame is sized to take a 68mm
> bottom bracket but I'm not sure what else I need to know beyond that.
> Thanks in advance

68x113mm UN52 or 53 or 72 or 73 will all work well.

-Nate

Smoky wrote:
> I'm trying to build an inexpensive road bike from parts and was
> wondering if someone can tell me if a Shimano 600 double crank set
> will work with a Shimano Ultegra nine speed cassette.

Yessir, w/o problem, no modification needed.

> I was also wondering if someone here could help me determine the
> appropriate bottom bracket size. My frame is sized to take a 68mm
> bottom bracket but I'm not sure what else I need to know beyond that.
> Thanks in advance

If square taper 113mm...