Shimano 600 STI - is it 7 or 8 speed?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Roofi, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Roofi

    Roofi Guest

    Hi there STI experts. I have picked up a bike with Shimano 600 STI. There is a 7 speed cluster on
    it, but the guy who owned it seems to think the 600 STI lever on it is 8 speed.

    What say you?

    --

    Don't mind me - I just have Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Opthalmic syndrome

    Tags:

  2. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    Disconnect the derailer cable. Does it click 6 times or 7?

    "roofi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi there STI experts. I have picked up a bike with Shimano 600 STI. There
    is
    > a 7 speed cluster on it, but the guy who owned it seems to think the 600
    STI
    > lever on it is 8 speed.
    >
    > What say you?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Don't mind me - I just have Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Opthalmic syndrome

  3. Roofi

    Roofi Guest

    huh! The simplest things are always the least obvious - guess that's why I aint no brain surgeon.

    thanks