shimano 600 sti shifters

10timesbetter

Oct 7, 2004
before people try to tell me i was dumb for pulling it apart in the first place, I got a set of shimano 600 sti shifters for free, and the right one wouldn't shift right, and the cable was stuck inside, so my only chance of getting the free levers to work at all was to pull them apart to get the cable back out, but now i'm having trouble getting them back together perfectly. I'm not that bad with this kinda stuff, so i'm gonna go clean it all up, and study each little peice until i can figure out how the inside works, and i'll probably get it back together after a few hours, but to make it easier, i wanted to see if there's anywhere on the internet that has pictures of a lever like that all torn apart, showing how to put it back together? anyone know?

10timesbetter said:
before people try to tell me i was dumb for pulling it apart in the first place, I got a set of shimano 600 sti shifters for free, and the right one wouldn't shift right, and the cable was stuck inside, so my only chance of getting the free levers to work at all was to pull them apart to get the cable back out, but now i'm having trouble getting them back together perfectly. I'm not that bad with this kinda stuff, so i'm gonna go clean it all up, and study each little peice until i can figure out how the inside works, and i'll probably get it back together after a few hours, but to make it easier, i wanted to see if there's anywhere on the internet that has pictures of a lever like that all torn apart, showing how to put it back together? anyone know?
Zinn's book on road bike maint...has an exploded view.....:eek:

Jay