Shimano 7750 and Sidi

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Negris

Has anybody mounted the new shimano road pedals to Sidi shoes? Is an adapter plate needed due to the
sole curvature? And, if one is, is it included with the pedals?

James

"James Negris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anybody mounted the new shimano road pedals to Sidi shoes? Is an adapter plate needed due to
> the sole curvature? And, if one is, is it included with the pedals?
>
> James

If there's a plate needed, it comes with the shoes. Think about how many different shoes a pedal
manufacturer would have to accommodate...

James: The new Shimano cleat fits a sole designed for a standard LOOK-type cleat. All SIDI road
shoes come stock with the plate needed for this. Please note that the new Shimano cleat is a little
bit pickier about the curvature of the sole than most; I had a bit of difficulty yesterday with a
Carnac shoe, and had to remove a very small amount of plastic from the middle of the cleat so it
would engage properly.

If you have difficulty with engagement, a couple things to check. First, the new Shimano pedal
doesn't engage very well if you have the tension bottomed out to the lowest setting. If you still
have trouble with it snapping in, try putting a bit of masking tape across the bottom of the cleat,
engage the shoe in the pedal, and move it around a bit. When you remove the shoe from the pedal,
you'll see marks indicating the area where the cleat is pushing excessively against the pedal...
that's where you might need to remove a *small* amount of material.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"James Negris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anybody mounted the new shimano road pedals to Sidi shoes? Is an adapter plate needed due to
> the sole curvature? And, if one is, is it included with the pedals?
>
> James

"Mike S." <mikeshaw@coxDOTnet> wrote in message
> If there's a plate needed, it comes with the shoes. Think about how many different shoes a pedal
> manufacturer would have to accommodate...

Yes, I have since learned that adapter plate comes with the shoes. Unfortunately I don't seem to be
able to find it anywhere :( But my current Speedplay pedals came with Sidi-specific adapters and so
I that's why I asked.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.