Shimano 7750 and Sidi

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by James Negris, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. James Negris

    James Negris Guest

    Has anybody mounted the new shimano road pedals to Sidi shoes? Is an adapter plate needed due to the
    sole curvature? And, if one is, is it included with the pedals?

    James

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "James Negris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anybody mounted the new shimano road pedals to Sidi shoes? Is an adapter plate needed due to
    > the sole curvature? And, if one is, is it included with the pedals?
    >
    > James

    If there's a plate needed, it comes with the shoes. Think about how many different shoes a pedal
    manufacturer would have to accommodate...

  3. James: The new Shimano cleat fits a sole designed for a standard LOOK-type cleat. All SIDI road
    shoes come stock with the plate needed for this. Please note that the new Shimano cleat is a little
    bit pickier about the curvature of the sole than most; I had a bit of difficulty yesterday with a
    Carnac shoe, and had to remove a very small amount of plastic from the middle of the cleat so it
    would engage properly.

    If you have difficulty with engagement, a couple things to check. First, the new Shimano pedal
    doesn't engage very well if you have the tension bottomed out to the lowest setting. If you still
    have trouble with it snapping in, try putting a bit of masking tape across the bottom of the cleat,
    engage the shoe in the pedal, and move it around a bit. When you remove the shoe from the pedal,
    you'll see marks indicating the area where the cleat is pushing excessively against the pedal...
    that's where you might need to remove a *small* amount of material.

    "James Negris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anybody mounted the new shimano road pedals to Sidi shoes? Is an adapter plate needed due to
    > the sole curvature? And, if one is, is it included with the pedals?
    >
    > James

  4. James Negris

    James Negris Guest

    "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > If there's a plate needed, it comes with the shoes. Think about how many different shoes a pedal
    > manufacturer would have to accommodate...

    Yes, I have since learned that adapter plate comes with the shoes. Unfortunately I don't seem to be
    able to find it anywhere :( But my current Speedplay pedals came with Sidi-specific adapters and so
    I that's why I asked.

    James