Shimano and SRAM cassette compatibility

Zilla

Guest
I have a Shimano 11-32/LX/9-spd on my bike. Can I replace it with a comparable SRAM cassette?

--

- Zilla Cary, NC (remove XSPAM)

Originally posted by Zilla
I have a Shimano 11-32/LX/9-spd on my bike. Can I replace it with a comparable SRAM cassette?

--

- Zilla Cary, NC (remove XSPAM)

Yes. I've gone from one to another (tried SRAM cassettes twice) a few times and it worked fine, but I prefer (just because) the XT cassettes. The price and quality are good. The LX are just fine as well.

K.

In article <[email protected]>, zilla62 @XSPAMbellsouth.net says...
> I have a Shimano 11-32/LX/9-spd on my bike. Can I replace it with a comparable SRAM cassette?

Yes they are interchangeable. Replace that shimano chain while you're at it, we'll work on the
shifter and derailleur later :)
--
_________________________

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a Shimano 11-32/LX/9-spd on my bike. Can I replace it with a comparable SRAM cassette?
>
> --
>
> - Zilla Cary, NC (remove XSPAM)

I just blew up my chain and stopped by my LBS and asked for an XT chain - He didn't have one - said
SRAM was just as good. Stay tuned for a CR (chain report)

btw - anyone ever try to fix a broken chain (Shimano 9 speed) with a Topeak Alien RX. I lowly
recommend it.
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing. The rest I've just wasted.

"D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> btw - anyone ever try to fix a broken chain (Shimano 9 speed) with a
Topeak
> Alien RX. I lowly recommend it.
> --

An extra Shimano pin helps a great deal for that. I just switched to SRAM and am very happy.

SDC

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a Shimano 11-32/LX/9-spd on my bike. Can I replace it with a comparable SRAM cassette?
>
> --
>
> - Zilla Cary, NC (remove XSPAM)

do it... get a sram 7.0/x7 whatever theyre called now.. excellent quality durability and price IMHO

dave