shimano campagnolo mix

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Frits, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frits

Frits Guest

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C39669.CF02DE30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I've bought a pair off campagnolo record 180 mm cranks and converted it = in to a triple. I did this
    with a special chainring made by TA But the problem is the my Ultegra triple front derailleur won't
    bring = the chain op to the large chainring without rubbing the inside off the = crankarm.( the bb
    is 111 mm, that isn't the problem) or even bumbing in to it (so I can't move te cranks at all) And
    when i limit the movement off the front derailleur with the skrews, = It will not shift to the large
    chainring, (It only makes a lot off = horrible noise) My question is, Can i use a campagnolo triple
    frontderailleur (Chorus or = record) with my ultegra shifters. witch, I hope, have a narrower cage,
    and will put the chain up to the = large chainring

thanks

Taeke ------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C39669.CF02DE30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've bought a pair off campagnolo = record 180=20 mm cranks
    and converted it in to a triple.</FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I did this with a special chainring = made by=20 TA</FONT></DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But the problem is the my Ultegra = triple front=20 derailleur
    won't bring the chain op to the large chainring without = rubbing the=20 inside off the
    crankarm.( the bb is 111 mm, that isn't the = problem)</FONT></DIV>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>or even bumbing in to it (so I can't = move te cranks=20 at
    all)</FONT></DIV>
    <DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And when i limit the movement off the = front=20 derailleur with
    the skrews, It will not shift to the large = chainring, (It=20 only makes a lot off
    horrible noise)</FONT></DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My question is, Can i use a campagnolo = triple=20
    frontderailleur (Chorus or record) with my ultegra = shifters.</FONT></DIV>
    <DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>witch, I hope, have a narrower cage, = and will put=20 the chain
    up to the large chainring</FONT></DIV>
    <DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks</FONT></DIV>
    <DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Taeke</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C39669.CF02DE30--

Tags:

2. Baird Webel

Baird Webel Guest

On 10/19/2003 11:52, in article [email protected], "Frits"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

> My question is, Can i use a campagnolo triple frontderailleur (Chorus or record) with my ultegra
    > shifters. witch, I hope, have a narrower cage, and will put the chain up to the large chainring

What kind of shifters? With bar-ends or downtube shifters then I would expect it to work ok. With
    STI, I doubt it, but I've never tried.

Baird

3. Frits

Frits Guest

"Baird Webel" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht news:BBB856A4.31438%[email protected]...
    > On 10/19/2003 11:52, in article [email protected], "Frits"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > My question is, Can i use a campagnolo triple frontderailleur (Chorus or record) with my ultegra
    > > shifters. witch, I hope, have a narrower cage, and will put the chain up to the
    large
    > > chainring
    >
    >
    > What kind of shifters? With bar-ends or downtube shifters then I would expect it to work ok. With
    > STI, I doubt it, but I've never tried.
    >
    > Baird
    >

perhaps unfortunately, I've got sti shifters

Taeke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.