Shimano-)Campagnolo?

HåKan Fremin

Guest
Hi!

I have a pair of wheels with a Shimano-compatible rear hub that I would like to use with my current
Campagnolo 10-speed gears. The hubs are built to Zipp 24-hole rims, so finding hubs with Campagnolo
body has been a bit hard - at least if price is an issue. So it would be interesting to see if the
current hub could be rebuilt with a Campagnolo-compatible body. It is, as mentioned before, not a
Shimano hub, but it does use a standard Shimano 8/9-speed body (in much the same way as the Pulstar
hubs did a few years back). Is there any manufacturer that makes such a body so that I can just
switch it?

If there is no such solution - what are your recommendations regarding hubs with 24 holes and
Campagnolo body? I can get e.g. Tune and American Classic here in Sweden (which are both a bit
expensive).

Regards, Håkan Fremin

"Håkan Fremin" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi!

> I have a pair of wheels with a Shimano-compatible rear hub that I would like to use with my
> current Campagnolo 10-speed gears. The hubs are built to Zipp 24-hole rims, so finding hubs with
> Campagnolo body has been a bit hard - at least if price is an issue. So it would be interesting to
> see if the current hub could be rebuilt with a Campagnolo-compatible body. It is, as mentioned
> before, not a Shimano hub, but it does use a standard Shimano 8/9-speed body (in much the same way
> as the Pulstar hubs did a few years back). Is there any manufacturer that makes such a body so
> that I can just switch it?

> If there is no such solution - what are your recommendations regarding hubs with 24 holes and
> Campagnolo body? I can get e.g. Tune and American Classic here in Sweden (which are both a bit
> expensive).

If you can get American Classic products, then you might want to consider the American Classic
"conversion cassette". It's a Campagnolo 10-speed cassette which is built to fit Shimano 8/9 speed
freehub bodies. It's not very cheap, but no more expensive than the overpriced Campagnolo 10 speed
cassettes. Several sprocket combinations are available. Check the following web page for more
information and related notes:

-as

Wheel Manufacturing make modified Shimano cassettes respaced to Campagnolo 10s spacing. I bought a
couple to use with some existing Shimano Dura-Ace hubs that I had and they work fine with an
all-Campagnolo 10s drivetrain. They're not compatible with all hubs, though. See
http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog9.html for a listing of the cassettes and of the hubs with
which they are compatible.

Nick

"Håkan Fremin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi!
>
> I have a pair of wheels with a Shimano-compatible rear hub that I would
like
> to use with my current Campagnolo 10-speed gears. The hubs are built to
Zipp
> 24-hole rims, so finding hubs with Campagnolo body has been a bit hard -
at
> least if price is an issue. So it would be interesting to see if the
current
> hub could be rebuilt with a Campagnolo-compatible body. It is, as
mentioned
> before, not a Shimano hub, but it does use a standard Shimano 8/9-speed
body
> (in much the same way as the Pulstar hubs did a few years back). Is there any manufacturer that
> makes such a body so that I can just switch it?
>
> If there is no such solution - what are your recommendations regarding
hubs
> with 24 holes and Campagnolo body? I can get e.g. Tune and American
Classic
> here in Sweden (which are both a bit expensive).
>
> Regards, Håkan Fremin

"Håkan Fremin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi!
>
> I have a pair of wheels with a Shimano-compatible rear hub that I would
like
> to use with my current Campagnolo 10-speed gears. The hubs are built to
Zipp
> 24-hole rims, so finding hubs with Campagnolo body has been a bit hard -
at
> least if price is an issue. So it would be interesting to see if the
current
> hub could be rebuilt with a Campagnolo-compatible body. It is, as
mentioned
> before, not a Shimano hub, but it does use a standard Shimano 8/9-speed
body
> (in much the same way as the Pulstar hubs did a few years back). Is there any manufacturer that
> makes such a body so that I can just switch it?
>
> If there is no such solution - what are your recommendations regarding
hubs
> with 24 holes and Campagnolo body? I can get e.g. Tune and American
Classic
> here in Sweden (which are both a bit expensive).

This isn't very helpful to your exact question I suppose but we recommend Campagnolo Nine where
wheels need to interchange with other formats, for example where the household owns several Shimano
products already.

One solution would be to redo your lever to nine ($30), get a nine cassette for your other
Campagnolo 10 wheels ($60) and leave your Zipp wheels with the Shimano nine cassette. They will
shift fine with a Shimano nine cassette and a Campagnolo lever with the nine speed insert.

Another option is to contact Zipp to see if they offer another body for that hub.

The expensive way to go is an aftermarket ten cassette for the Shimano nine body. Those are
a bit dear.

What kind of hub do you have? For example, some Formula Engineering hubs can be changed.
http://www.formulahubs.com/ or http://www.formulahubs.com/4SB.html

"H kan Fremin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi!
>
> I have a pair of wheels with a Shimano-compatible rear hub that I would like to use with my
> current Campagnolo 10-speed gears. The hubs are built to Zipp 24-hole rims, so finding hubs with
> Campagnolo body has been a bit hard - at least if price is an issue. So it would be interesting to
> see if the current hub could be rebuilt with a Campagnolo-compatible body. It is, as mentioned
> before, not a Shimano hub, but it does use a standard Shimano 8/9-speed body (in much the same way
> as the Pulstar hubs did a few years back). Is there any manufacturer that makes such a body so
> that I can just switch it?
>
> If there is no such solution - what are your recommendations regarding hubs with 24 holes and
> Campagnolo body? I can get e.g. Tune and American Classic here in Sweden (which are both a bit
> expensive).
>
> Regards, Håkan Fremin

<< I have a pair of wheels with a Shimano-compatible rear hub that I would like to use with my
current Campagnolo 10-speed gears. The hubs are built to Zipp 24-hole rims, so finding hubs with
Campagnolo body has been a bit hard - at least if price is an issue. So it would be interesting to
see if the current hub could be rebuilt with a Campagnolo-compatible body. >>

Wheels Mfg. makes a Campag 10 sp compatible cassette that fits on 8/9 sp Shimano freehub body.
Follow this link for more info:

http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog9.html#item1

hakan-<< I have a pair of wheels with a Shimano-compatible rear hub that I would like to use with my
current Campagnolo 10-speed gears.

<< If there is no such solution - what are your recommendations regarding hubs with 24 holes and
Campagnolo body

Wheels manufacturiumg makes a really excellent modified ultegra or DA 9s casette, modified and
spaced and with 10 cogs-